Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for Senior Quality Assurance Engineers to join our team in Reading on a 12 month agency contract.
Wood is a major international engineering company that delivers high quality, technically advanced, reliable facilities on time, on budget and with a world class safety record. We provide for world-renowned clients in the upstream oil and gas, midstream, LNG, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, carbon capture, green hydrogen and power industries. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing international presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Manager of Quality Assurance by:
Scope of Work
- Acting as Project Quality Assurance Manager and implementing the Requirements of the Quality Management System on assigned Projects
- Providing advice and guidance on the application of the Quality Management System and Project Quality Plans on projects to both assigned Quality Engineers and Project
- Assisting with the roll out and implementation of Continual Improvement initiatives
- Provide guidance and management of Quality Assurance activities where required
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for implementation of Quality Management System requirements as directed by the Manager, Quality Assurance
- Ensure the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 are implemented across all activities of the various phases and types of Projects (Pre-FEED, FEED, EPC, PMC and IPMT)
- Provide advice and guidance to Project Management personnel on the application of the Quality Management System in relation to Project Execution
- Review QA and QC requirements during preparation of proposals, as directed by the Manager, Quality Assurance and assess resourcing / manpower budgets and scheduling of QA activities
- Fulfil the role of Project Quality Manager / Quality Engineerwhen so
- Preparation, implementation and maintenance of Project Quality Plans, ensuring that all contractual quality requirements are effectively communicated and
- Reviewing and where required approval of project specific and supplier procedures and documents to verify that they comply with the contractual requirements. Monitoring of the application of these procedures and documents to verify compliance with the contract
- Preparing a program of internal and external Quality audits, focusing on the effective application of the quality management system and compliance to the Project Quality Plan
- Reviewing all audit reports to verify that the quality management systems are implemented and are compliant with the Contract
- Significant recent experience in a similar position is required.
- Experience in Pre-FEED/FEED/EPC/IPMT/PMC organizations in the field of Refinery/Petrochemicals.
- In-depth knowledge of working to the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 is required.
- Working knowledge of standards such as ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of PED, ATEX, ASME, ANSI and EU standards is desirable.
- On and Offshore experience is desirable.
- Experience in Carbon Capture and Hydrogen processes is desirable.
- Demonstrable qualification for planning, conducting and reporting internal and external audits from a recognised external body is preferable.
- Good team player.
- Good communicator with excellent influencing, verbal and written skills.
- Self-motivated and prepared to take initiative.
- Good project management skills and good commercial awareness.
- Competent in Microsoft office
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.