Due to our continued growth, our Client's office in Aberdeen requires an Engineer to work with engineers at all levels, and from other disciplines within the business, on commercial client projects as well as internal R&D initiatives.
This staff role would suit an engineer with approximately 2-3 years' experience in an engineering role within the Upstream Oil & Gas industry, providing the ideal environment to develop alongside our team of experienced Senior and Principal Engineers.
Following completion of minimum degree level education in an engineering field of study, examples of the duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Immediate integrity assessment, corrosion growth assessment, future integrity assessment projects
- Authoring of basic technical reports for clients
- Working with engineering software packages and detailed spreadsheets
- Working with relevant industry codes, standards and best practices
- First level checking of calculations
- Liaising with engineers from other groups and engineering disciplines within Client on technical matters
- Basic presentations and communications with clients
- Competent in drafting technical reports
- Basic knowledge around subsea pipelines and topsides / pressure systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical ability
- Pro-active, with good attention to detail
- IT literate, with experience of using MS office and other engineering software
- The role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and permanent
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- The role is based Aberdeen City Centre.
- Flexible / Hybrid working is available.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.