Where you fit in
Expect lots of support and encouragement while you're here. You'll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them. We value career growth. You'll have limitless opportunities to explore - whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking in a different direction. What's the role? As SC Commercial Lead, you will handle commercial supply chain activities for Renewables and Energy Solutions businesses, primarily for the market and supply chain in China. You will
deliver supply chain solutions to enable the business to achieve goals at speed with easier, faster contracting.
What do we need from you?
- Will be responsible for the execution of the Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP), including Contract Strategy, Tactics, and Contract Management activities for the assigned portfolio.
- Stakeholders to collaborate with: Shell stakeholders in the development/execution of procurement strategies with the aim of value maximization. [Pre-award Phase]
- Internal (Shell) & External (Suppliers) Stakeholders in ensuring delivery of maximum value via each of the awarded contract/commercial deal/Purchase Orders. Align with Business/Function priorities to deliver on the business plan. [Post-award Phase]
- Finance Operations, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, HSSE, ERP Requisition to Payment teams to ensure that all purchases are compliant with the CMCP process and are delivered within business timelines.
- Manage end to end (E2E) contract and spend management.
- Contracting and procuring goods and services as well as developing and managing agreements
- Work with business counterparts to support business development and market entry needs.
- Constructively challenge the Business Demand, Specification &/or Procurement Practices to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies as well as operationalizing and commercially managing operational/tactical agreements
- Ensure all commercial activities are executed in line with the Category Management and Contracting Process for assigned operational/tactical contracts.
- Manage once-off Purchase Orders, drive rationalization of vendors and PO/contracts as appropriate
- - Manage Supplier Relationships effectively and collaboratively to drive continuous performance improvement through contract management. Build a strong network in the market and be fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Expedite certain processes or goods delivery to capture any short-term business opportunities.
- Can read, write, and speak in mandarin (A fluent Mandarin Speaker is a must).
- Experience with projects, material, and equipment categories is preferred.
- Professional CP qualification: CIPS / CPSM Certification (or similar) is an added advantage.
- Ability to make decisions and execute with the support of stakeholders.
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results in a commercial environment.
- Manage execution and call-off of Framework agreements.
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities.
- Analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong commercial sense and understanding of procurement.
- Demonstrate understanding of the contracting and procurement process and commercial contract management technique.
- Effective negotiations skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems is a plus.
Shell has been a partner in powering Malaysia's progress since 1891 when we established our first depot in the Straits Settlements. Today, we are an integrated energy company comprising Upstream, Downstream, Integrated Gas and New Energies, Projects & Technology, and Shell Business Operations. Shell Malaysia aims to be the leading energy player in the country, powering Malaysia's future with cleaner, innovative, and competitive energy solutions.
More than a century, Shell has been operating and we continue to extract and deliver oil and gas efficiently, profitably, and in environmentally friendly and socially responsible ways to meet evolving customer needs and the growing demand for energy.
With over 950 service stations, Shell has the leading market share in the fuels retailing business in Malaysia. In Malaysia, we make and sell more than 600 different lubricants for the automotive sector, heavy-duty transport, food processing, and power generation. We are the lubricants market leader in Sabah and Sarawak.
O Integrated Gas, Renewables and Energy Solutions
Shell set out its Powering Progress strategy, which we aim to deliver through our three business pillars of Growth, Transition and Upstream. The Growth Pillar includes our Marketing and Renewables & Energy Solutions businesses and focuses on working with our customers to accelerate the transition to net-zero emissions. One of our achievement, Sarawak onshore: World's first commercial GTL plant (SMDS)
O Project & Technology
As P&T, we exist to make the delivery of Shell's strategy and the growth of our company possible. P&T works collaboratively and in an integrated way with its business partners, to deliver value for our customers, and for Shell.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficientlyAn Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
O We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
O We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
O We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identityA Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.