The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell's business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell's Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
This role of Sr. Process Data Engineer is for Mechanical Work Preparation/Work Packs-Static Equipment is intended to help Mechanical Maintenance engineers in work planning and implementing the standard work packs for preventive/corrective/TA maintenance of Mechanical- Static Equipment and Packages.
The role is expected to execute detailed Refinery Tank & LPG Storage Vessel cleaning and repair plans. Maintain safety as a top priority among jobs. Ensure schedule is maintained during process cleaning and maintenance execution phase. Work with Refinery Tanks Program planning to provide updates on progress of scheduled work to ensure timely and efficient work practices. Optimize cost savings and work efficiency within work plans and processes. Execute Major work scope related activities tied to the Oil Movements / Offsites work.
This includes included remote preparation, material requirements, rental equipment requirements, manpower and resources with the appropriate task sequencing necessary to allow for the efficient scheduling and execution of Tank Construction and Maintenance work. Primary interfaces include the Projects, Constructions, Maintenance and Turnaround Supervisor, Field Supervisor, Operations, Engineering, Trade Specific Specialist and Schedulers. Can actively contribute to integration within services department and optimizing the work processes.
Contribute to quality and productivity of work preparation so that mechanical work is timely, cost-efficient and practically feasible. Reviewing all mechanical work packages. Register, distribute, calculate and handle additional/less work for the mechanical work. Purpose & Accountabilities
Skills & Requirements
- Develop comprehensive plans for Tank Maintenance works in accordance with site Safe Work Practices and HSSE guidelines, and include all materials, manpower, work sequencing, rental equipment & tools, and entering requisitions for materials and services. Knowledge of routine/non-routine maintenance activities.
- Creating 52 weeks of scheduled work progress for programmed work & Creating 6-8 weeks of corrective work progress.
- Develop job plans for Mechanical-Static/Tank works with a cost-driven focus and with the asset/shell standards/Best Practices of float-based scheduling and cost control.
- Prepare Initial response, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant technical availability.
- Building work packs that include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for non-routine maintenance of each equipment, parts required, tools required, time required and relationship between tasks including the pre-work preparation steps
- Understanding the functions of the various equipment and instruments and also thorough knowledge of reading/ interpreting the engineering drawings (P&IDs, PEFS, PFDs).
- Identifying the system condition for each operation activity tasks should be ascertained about the shutdown windows availability or suitable opportunities for maintenance activities
- Planning of end to end work orders to enable efficient scheduling and ensure compliance of executable work orders
- Improving productivity by ensuring the resource, special tool, material and service requirements availability before the job begins
- Constantly engage with site maintenance leads, original equipment manufacturers, vendors and modify the work packs as recommended/required by the site maintenance personnel.
- Anticipate & plan for mandatory spares, tools and tackles and manpower required for Mechanical-Static equipment, if required from the vendors and accommodate the information in the work pack
- Interact and communicate with the site focals for Maintenance Libraries and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for Mechanical-Static equipment.
- Maintain interface with Technical, Turnaround, Production and Maintenance to obtain input when evaluating initial work scope.
- Involve appropriate stakeholders in pre-planning field visits to ensure involvement and buy in to job plans.
- Should be able to coordinate with Third Party Vendors, OEMs and Service Providers for execution of specific targeted maintenance scopes. Understand the process of mobilization of manpower to offshore asset.
- Ensure appropriate turnover is being conducted by Contractor and Maintenance / Construction Field Leads.
- Review completed work for learnings after completion and close out.
- Shall be able to demonstrate the capabilities of supporting remote assets with their routine maintenance planning. Develop work planning through SAP with clear understanding of all required information and documentation to execute a job in the field.
- Clear understanding of maintenance strategies for preventive maintenance and their implementation in CMMS.
- Able to initiate a purchase requisition, track supply chain, find the right material masters and verify the correctness of bills of materials.
- Understand the concept of manhour estimation for maintenance activities by incorporating HOTT, referring Global norms and best practices etc.,
- Develop work planning through SAP with clear understanding of all required information and documentation to execute a job in the field.
- Understand the concept of work clustering for complex multi-discipline scopes using scheduling tools like Primavera to be able to optimize timeline for a shutdown or campaign.
- University Degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 6 Plus years of field experience with Mechanical Maintenance planning & execution background in Oil & Gas / Refinery/Petrochemicals in Installation, Commissioning, Maintenance, troubleshooting, Turnaround experience of static equipment particularly storage tanks and pressure vessels, heat exchangers, PRVs, PSVs, Piping, Valves, Columns etc.
- Previous Refining Tank Program Planning background
- Candidate must be an excellent teamplayer. Being able to influence processes and people with conviction and decisiveness in order to continuously improve
- Experience in preparing the maintenance work instructions, task lists, work packs, work and manpower/HOTT estimation for major maintenance/ overhauling of the static equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring job hazards are being actively identified and eliminated
- Comply with and enforce Life Saving Rules and Stop Work Authority
- Perform safety audits; provide immediate feedback and recommendations to workers
- Manage Roof Seal Inspections and tracking
- Responsible for understanding all relevant maintenance procedures and ensuring proper use and documentation of said procedures by work crews
- Coordinate work tasks for tank program contractors - Facilitate mechanical repairs and Preventive Maintenance on Refinery tanks, spheres, and bullets
- Accountable for weekly schedule attainment; resolve barriers and issues in field to keep work progressing
- Coordinate interfaces between construction and other refinery organizations / services (operations, maintenance, etc.)
- Bring discrepancies between engineering drawings and field conditions or design deficiencies to the attention of the Tank Supervisor or mechanical engineer
- Ensure all safety equipment is available and being used correctly
- Follow up on progress of work execution to ensure timely completion
- Ensure needed resources are available by working with the Tank Program Planner
- Give feedback to Tank Planner / Scheduler on progress in field
- Identify potential schedule optimizations for discussion in execution meetings
- Quality checks on completed work to ensure work was completed and left in an acceptable condition
- Ensure accurate time keeping and validation of hours worked for tank Contractors
- Track delays and complete appropriate paperwork
- Participate in weekly tank project requirement meetings - multi discipline involvement
- Coordinate Mechanical Completion Walk-down / Sign-off on Mechanical Completion paperwork.
- Create punch lists from Mechanical Completion paperwork
- Computer skills - PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP PM/MM modules, AIM, CCES,etc
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
Continuous Improvement and Knowledge of Lean CI methodology is an added value.