This position is responsible for upholding asset Competency Assurance and Training (CAT) procedures to ensure compliance. The individual in this position, working with subject matter experts and asset level leaders for the Gulf of Mexico, helps ensure the safety, efficiency, and development of our personnel.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Development, Management, and Improvements:
- Identify and facilitate steering team and work team meetings.
- Identify and document decision-making for program improvements.
- Secure appropriate signoffs and approvals for all program components.
- Develop asset/business unit/functional procedures for Competency Assurance and Training.
- Develop assessment methods and protocols in collaboration with the steering team and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Attend meetings and assist with program changes required and improvements requested.
- Monitor area recertifications and communicate to leadership.
- Complete analysis and review assessment results, working with impacted individuals, steering teams, and leadership to develop gap closure plans.
- First point of contact for questions pertaining to assessments, position training requirements, and CAT standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Develop position specific training matrices.
- Identify training needs and learning outcomes for course offerings.
- Provide expected learning objectives and outcomes to training vendors/internal trainers.
- Solicit feedback from training participants, front-line supervisors, and leadership.
- Recommend improvements and monitor training quality.
- Build trusted relationships with multiple partners focusing on technical skill development and workforce training.
- Collaborate with other functional groups, such as: Human Resources, Health Safety and Envronment and Global Supply Chain.
- Develop consistent methods of measuring competency assurance across disciplines.
- Research and recommend solutions to address performance gaps.
- Complete reporting and uploading of documentation required for regulatory reporting.
- Additional responsibilities may be added to scope of work based on business need.
- 3 years of experience in instructional design, eLearning development, training, and compliance, preferred.
- Previous oil and gas experience, preferred.
- Prior experience with competency management systems (CMS) and Learning Management Systems (LMS), preferred.
Education, Training & Certifications
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Education and/or Human Resources, preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.