We are currently supporting a leader in engineering and project management services for the offshore industry.
They are looking for a Cost Controller to join them on a permanent basis in their Wimbledon offices on a full time and permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a major player in the offshore industry who both strive to make conventional energy more sustainable and proliferating renewable energy infrastructure. Role description - Purpose
Act as a Project Controls System Functional Lead for Cost Control, Planning or Reporting for multiple or large scopes. Able to independently provide support and guidance to Project Manager throughout project lifecycle and independently and proactively identify and resolve project specific issues pertaining to specialised area of Project Services (Cost/Reporting). Reporting Lines
Background - Must have
- Hierarchically: Project Services Manager
- Operationally: Project Manager
- Directly Supervises: Junior Project Services Engineer
Background - Nice to have
- Good understanding of project dynamics and lifecycle
- Good understanding of all elements of Project Controls (Project Estimating, Planning, Scheduling, Reporting, Change and Cost Control)
- Contractual appreciation and an understanding of typical legal parameters and restraints
- Good understanding of the following project scopes; EPC, FEED and Detailed Design
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engineering degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years Project Experience
- Prince2 Practitioner or APM equivalent
- Interpret and implement company processes to ensure effective Project Services Delivery
- Ability to recognise and deal with changing priorities for the Project Controls Team
- Provide input to proposal / tender Cost Budget / Forecast
- Interpretation of budgets to define and create cost forecasts.
- Work with limited support from Project / Proposal Manager to compile CTR Catalogue and complete Project Baseline
- Develop & manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost in accordance with Client and company requirements and standards
- Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for assigned projects.
- Establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project
- Work with the Project Manager and the Project team to establish the project activities, cost and durations and ensure that these reflect project scope, constraints and commitments. Challenge as necessary to ensure optimisation, compatibility and compliance.
- Can act as a Project Controls System Functional Lead for Cost Control or Reporting
- Monitor, control and analyse the project schedule and cost information using Earned Value methodologies, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible actions. Prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project's specific needs.
- Act as Cost Control Focal Point to ensure the successful Project Control implementation for new projects or proposals
- Provide trended data to the Programme and/or Project Manager based on performance trends to date and emerging trends
- Conduct full and detailed variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales
- Interpret Progress specifics and advise of any potential to optimise project financial performance at project inception
- Assist with scope change preparation and reforecasting
- Conduct / provide input to variance analysis and subsequent root cause analysis, followed by provision of narrative, recommendations & recovery planning in accordance with monthly reporting timescales
- Contribute to progress meetings, as required, in support of the Project Manager.
- Contribute to Lessons Learnt process throughout the project lifecycle
- Responsible for the identification and independent resolution of project specific issues pertaining to Project Services systems and tools.
- Responsible for the preparation and issue of project cost reports in accordance with the requirements of the Project Manager, Client and Contractual obligations; including internal and client reports, Gross Profit forecast and analysis and revenue accrual / provision
- Responsible for the delivery of CTR Catalogue and Project Baseline and for providing any associated support to Proposal / Project Manager
- Responsible for providing assistance to scope change preparation and reforecasting
- Monitor, control and analysis of the project schedule and cost information using Earned Value methodologies, identification of variance and highlighting for the attention of the Project Manager with proposed actions. Preparation of bespoke / specific reports to facilitate project control analysis
- Responsible for the provision of trended data to the Programme and/or Project Manager based on performance trends to date and emerging trends
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.