We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer with an experience in Crude and Vacuum Distillation Units to join the Global Manufacturing Excellence (GME) organization, under the Downstream Global Manufacturing, to support and oversee the performances of Client's global manufacturing assets.
Your primary role is to provide process engineering, operations and technical process expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement programs for refineries' atmospheric crude distillation units (CDU) and vacuum distillation units (VDU), including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, and CDU and VDU technology knowledge management and exchange. Drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Assess operations of atmospheric crude distillation units (CDU) and vacuum distillation units (VDU) existing facilities to optimize operation by developing/set key performance indicators (KPIs) that will represent performances in different aspects such as profitability, operability, energy efficiency, reliability, process safety, etc.
- Perform process parameters gap analysis and benchmarking among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates) having CDU and VDU process technologies to capture and effectively share best practices, lesson learned, areas for improvements, and technical recommendations.
- Perform benchmarking and best practices technical exchange workshops internally among Global Manufacturing facilities (wholly-owned and affiliates) having CDU and VDU process technologies. Execution and deliverables of the workshops will be based on Benchmarking & Best Practices Exchange Agreement among Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Issue bi-monthly CDU and VDU technical best practices bulletin for sharing within Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of CDU and VDU which may include but not limited to process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities, capacity test runs, technology pilot testing, and process design. Issue service report for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned.
- Enhance the competitiveness of CDU and VDU asset base by capturing integration opportunities between process units and facilities.
- Conduct internal assessments on CDU and VDU process engineering standards using CLIENT engineering standard references. Highlight any deviations or better standards applied by affiliates for endorsement to facility management or Client's Central Engineering. Support the implementation of relevant engineering standards to CDU and VDU across Global Manufacturing upon each facility management's approval.
- Participate on demand with Business Plan development and coordinate with stakeholders for possible capital investments on assigned process units and support techno-economic evaluations required by Global manufacturing portfolio.
- Recommend and coordinate proven technology deployments in atmospheric crude distillation units (CDU) and vacuum distillation units (VDU). Liaise with Engineering Services Department or Contracting Unit for any technology assessment and piloting support.
- Collaborate with Joint venture companies, Client's subsidiaries, and third-party companies to consolidate best practices related to the operation of CDU and VDU. Coordinate implementation of suitable best practices to facilities.
- Participate as subject matter experts on external benchmarking with 3rd party entities, which include but not limited to, Japan Cooperation Council Petroleum (JCCP), Gulf Downstream Association (GDA) and Client's Committees.
- Act as the Admin Area overall coordinator for cascading and driving Global Manufacturing and Corporate programs to the operating facilities for execution and effective monitoring. represent the Global Manufacturing Admin Area in corporate committees and initiatives concerning his field of expertise.
- Ensure continuous learning on CDU and VDU process engineering and technology specialist skills to ensure expertise is preserved through internal and external trainings. Provide in-house technical trainings to Global Manufacturing facilities when needed in specific process topics related to the CDU and VDU operations.
- You must hold a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in refinery operations, engineering and process design but at the very least 10 years direct experience in handling CDU and VDU process units. Experience with more than one operating facility is strongly desirable.
- You should be able to demonstrate a solid background developing and understanding the key performance indicators (KPI) involved in operating the process units concerned in terms of meeting the crude feed and product specifications, energy efficiency, asset management, economics, etc. Knowledge of Solomon indices associated with operation of the process units concerned is an advantage.
- Familiarity and understanding of the best practices, design principles, international engineering standards and specifications relevant to operation of the concerned process units is required.
- Experience in Turnaround, Start-up, Shutdowns, Management of change (MOC), HAZOP's and performing technical assessments, investigations and case studies is an advantage.
- Familiarity with basic computer software, and proficient user of HYSYS, PRO II simulation programs is essential.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.