We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer with experience in Aromatics processes (Pyrolysis gasoline treatment, BTX separation, Toluene disproportionation unit, etc) to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence organization under the Downstream Global Manufacturing Support Department (GMSD).
GMSD's technical team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing the required high-quality technical support to GM operating facilities (Refineries, NGLF, and petrochemical plants) inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & across the globe.
Your primary role is to provide process engineering and operations expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement programs for Aromatics processes, including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, and Aromatics technology knowledge management and exchange. You will drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate, you will be required to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing Aromatics facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant's optimum operability, profitability, reliability, and process safety.
- Issue quarterly Aromatics performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Monitor and support the facilities in implementing the recommendations and closing the gaps identified in the quarterly performance benchmarking reports.
- Provide on-demand remote and/or field technical advisory support to Global Manufacturing facilities on matters concerning the operation of Aromatics plants which may include but not limited to process troubleshooting, start-up and shutdown activities, capacity test runs, technology pilot testing, and process design. Issue service report for every support activity provided highlighting the facilities need, actions taken, results, and lessons learned.
- In collaboration with Global Manufacturing facilities engineers, propose cost optimization or process improvement initiatives focusing on 'low-hanging fruits' with no or minimal capital investment required, through operational adjustment or design modification.
- Conduct internal assessments on Aromatics process using Client's engineering standard references. Highlight any deviations or optimizations for endorsement to facility management or Client's Central Engineering.
- Act as the overall coordinator for cascading and driving Global Manufacturing and Corporate programs to the Aromatics operating facilities for execution and effective monitoring.
- Participate in Business Plan development and coordinate with stakeholders for any capital investments on assigned process units and support techno-economic evaluations.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of technology developments in Aromatics process plants. Perform evaluation and approval of technology developments to Central Engineering and facilitate field deployment.
- Support arrangement and facilitation of technical knowledge exchange workshops with Aromatics process technology licensors and Global Manufacturing facilities.
- Participate in hazard operability (HAZOP) and safety integrity level (SIL) studies as required by Aromatics unit operating facilities.
- You must hold a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related specialization. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 15 years experience within a refinery or petrochemical process unit (process engineering and operations) with at least 10 years' experience in handling Aromatics plants.
- Exposure to different Aromatics process licensor technologies is preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.