We are seeking a Downstream Process Engineer specialized in Refinery Hydrocracker and/or a Diesel Hydrotreater to join our Global Manufacturing Excellence organization under the Downstream Global Manufacturing Technical Support team.
The technical support team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing the required high-quality technical support to GM operating facilities (Refineries, NGLF, and petrochemical plants) inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia & across the globe.
Your primary role will be to provide process engineering and operations expertise to monitor, optimize, and drive performance improvement programs for Hydrocracker and/or Diesel Hydrotreater processes including remote and field technical advisory support, benchmarking, technology knowledge management and exchange. You will drive the performance improvement programs which enhance process safety, optimize manufacturing cost, and increase plant reliability.Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate you will required to perform the following:
- Review and monitor the performances of existing refinery facilities through key performance indicators (KPIs) representing the process plant's optimum operability, profitability, reliability, and process safety. Issue quarterly processes performance benchmarking reports highlighting the KPIs, analysis, and performance improvement recommendations.
- Provide support services and troubleshoot any problems that arise with manufacturing.
- Assist in improving the quality of products and reducing production costs.
- Inspect and review operating activities and determine production schedules.
- Perform optimization analysis, forecasts, economic reviews and evaluations on equipment / projects, operations and system operating strategies.
- Research ways to reduce production costs, develop production goals, and create schedules and plans for individual tasks.
- Devise ways to improve systems while reducing costs, ensuring that work is completed within schedule, setting and meeting deadlines, and troubleshooting any problems with the equipment / process.
- As the successful candidate you must hold a Bachelor's Degree in chemical engineering. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You should have a minimum of 10 years refinery experience including at least 4 years in Hydrocracker units and 2 in Hydrotreating units.
- A thorough knowledge in Catalyst Selection & Evaluation is required.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.