The Autowinder Operator will work in a team in a fast-paced environment to produce, process and package spiral wound element filters. Operator will use hand tools, power tools and a variety of machines to complete tasks. Autowinder Operators perform all tasks in the manufacturing process, including rotating through all or most of the jobs rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. You will work shifts that are 12-hours long, starting at 3:50 AM on a rotating schedule.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
These duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and will be supplemented as necessary.
As the Autowinder Machine Operator, you will:
- Produce and process elements (Autowinder, Autofinisher, FRP, Test and Package) as prescribed by manufacturing instructions.
- Observe all Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) rules, including housekeeping practices; participate in EHS meetings, investigations and audits.
- Proactively communicate and address safety concerns.
- Perform quality workmanship and keep scheduled deadlines to meet customer expectations.
Support Business needs with respect to EHS, Quality, on time shipments and productivity; including eliminating barriers to achieving business goals.
- Perform in-process inspection of materials to assure conformance with specifications. Identify non-conforming material and elements.
- Keep accurate records of lot numbers, model numbers, serial numbers, track labor and material usage/scrap.
- Input correct production data into Network Database and Proficy.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner. Ability to deep clean (sanitize) equipment as needed.
- Work and cooperate with team to achieve department objectives.
- Aid in the training of other team members on new or existing procedures.
- Assist in development of new processes to improve product quality and production.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Facilitator, or Lead.
- Ability to learn Finishing operations (cutback and cage) is a strong plus
- Complete assigned safety / training requirements. Safely use, transfer and handle chemicals while wearing PPE (personal protective equipment).
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a machine operator, maintenance technician, military service or equivalent.
- Ability to wear required PPE (respirator, hearing protection, etc.)
- 12 hour rotating shift
- High School Diploma / GED
- Associate Degree in engineering, plastics technology, industrial technology, instrumentation, automated systems and robotics, electronics engineering technology, industrial controls and robotics, right skills now for manufacturing or similar technical associate degree is considered a strong plus.
- Knowledge of autowinder (automated manufacturing) processes.
- Knowledge of basic machine operation.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment used to build and process elements.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and usage.
- Knowledge of basic math skills (including but not limited to ratios and arithmetic).
- Skill to operate a variety of machines and equipment (including but not limited to Autowinder, Autofinisher, FRP robot and test benches).
- Ability to operate electrical lift and forklift if required by task.
- Ability to visually inspect and mechanically test elements.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to use and read a variety of measuring tools (including but not limited to tape measures and gauges)
- Knowledge of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) safety program.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!