Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Position Summary
The Sales Specialist will support the Regional Sales Manager within the Integrity Management & Digital Solutions (IMDS) business in achieving the Company growth strategy through the exploration of targeted, organic growth opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa region.
This role is a combination of business development, external sales and internal organization management to deliver on sales commitments.
The role will interface with internal stakeholders alongside the Company's external clients and therefore the Sales Specialist must be a proficient communicator at all levels, with skills in communicating effectively across a global organization. This position is expected to liaise closely with their counterparts from other regions and business units and stay apprised of Corporate directed business development activities and guidelines. **Please note this role is based in Aberdeen, Scotland and is on a Fixed Term basis for 6 Months** Duties & Responsibilities Functions
- Secure new business opportunities aligned to the agreed annual sales targets and Company Growth Strategy, including but not limited to:
- Executes sale activities and business development in coordination with IMDS operations
- Proactively identify and generate sales opportunities and leads
- Attend and proactively participate in industry networking, events, and forums
- Support local and regional marketing social media teams to ensure a high level of company visibility
- Assist in the development of marketing materials
- Influence key decision makers and drive tactical sales
- Assist the regional business unit to develop Capture Plans and respective win strategies for key tenders
- Support contract negotiations for new business and contract renewals
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to address any market inquiries
- Track new business development opportunities, utilizing market knowledge and market intelligence tools to identify projects and new customers.
- Provide strategic, day-to-day, and tactical business and product developmental support and leadership to all IMDS BU's
- Works with the Global Account Directors (GAD's) IMDS Commercial Team in support of ongoing sales opportunities.
- Implement Strategic and Conceptual Selling plans and Large Account Management Plans in collaboration with Business Units to accommodate corporate goals.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasting activities which includes established projects as well as new opportunities.
- Review market analysis with Business Units head to determine customer needs and price trends.
- Monitor, evaluate and report out on market activities and products.
- Support the sales team in identification of opportunities to pursue
- Formulate a pricing strategy based on the customer's expectations, competitive situation, potential differentiators, and other factors.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations to key clients and prospects
- Responsible for providing up-to-date sales and forecasting reports through the corporate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and ensuring it is kept up to date
- Follow the Miller Heiman sales process
- Monitor and evaluate competitor activities and products of the competition
- Domestic and International travel - as required
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical related degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum of ten (10) plus years of sales experience within relevant industry supporting Operations, Inspection, Engineering or Data related services
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management systems and strategic/conceptual selling techniques
- Demonstrated ability to generate relevant client contacts and effectively utilize persuasive sales methodologies and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at all levels, fluent in English and Portuguese
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- MBA from an accredited college or university or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in leadership and managing sales activities
- Communicating effectively at all levels in the organization globally
- Internal and external key stakeholder engagement
- Microsoft Office abilities, specifically in PowerPoint
- Sound knowledge of CRM platforms i.e., Sales Force, Microsoft Dynamics
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT
work. OCCASIONAL FREQUENT CONSTANT
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.