Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an ED IV / Senior Structural Designer to work in Al - Khobar Office, Saudi Arabia
Skills / Qualifications
- Develops working drawings, within company and industry standards and codes, from
equipment specifications and detailed drawings to support completion of engineering.
- Creates drawings involving plans, layouts, Sections and bills of material for both Steel and Concrete
- Develops 3D models for complicated industrial Structures
- Works on assignments involving a variety of design procedures and techniques.
- Performs layouts, design and checking work from the basic data supplied.
- Designs and makes detail drawings from rough sketches involving intricate calculations and the application of fundamental engineering principles.
- Establishes project drafting standards and monitors their conformance.
- Designs and constructs models, prototypes, processes, or equipment; compiles and evaluates data, makes recommendations, prepares reports.
- Prepares estimates of time, quantities, materials, and labor required for activities related to testing, installation, manufacture, design, or construction
- Generates bill of materials from finished designs
- Ensures quality in design, technical accuracy in the preparation of drawings, material quantities, etc. including reviewing others work at more senior levels.
- Plans assigned work effectively and obtains / provides information liaising with the project team.
and line manager, in time to control man - hours and achieve targets.
- Carries out site visits / surveys and provides inputs to site visit reports.
- Diploma in designing or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in design
- Competent user of 3D modelling software such as SP3D, PDS, Revit Structure, ...
- O&G / Industrial Building experiences preferred.
- An understanding of related engineering principles and practices, plus training and diversified experience in the field of activity is required.
- Capable of interpreting key documents including engineering standards, piping material specifications, P&IDs, and Line Lists
- Technically oriented, mechanically inclined, good at mathematics and talented at translating intangible concepts into hands - on project plans.
- Competent user of Microstation and Autocad software
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.