Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Weatherford currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Application Engineer to join the team in Aberdeen. The Application Engineer is responsible for developing and executing a clear strategy to grow Weatherford's completion and well construction products business across the location or multiple locations within their client base.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute multiple project workstreams through full lifecycles according to best practices, methodologies and in line with the company's Operational Excellence Performance System and Product Service Realisation Process.
- Will be accountable for all project deliverables, responsible for mitigating risks, applying appropriate governance frameworks, and managing project finances effectively to eliminate any product and service delivery challenges within the business unit's product lines.
- By working with and understanding the customer requirements across Geozone, the Application Engineer will coordinate the assigned customers' projects with the Operations and Sales teams, Geozone and Global Business Unit to deliver and commercialise required systems, processes, products and services to attain a market leadership position.
- Provides necessary detailed technical support to the broader organisation, internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and service users.
- On occasions the Application Engineer will work the Geozone, Global Business Unit and Research & Development Engineering teams to develop products and services required to support customer projects and further Weatherfords technologies and product offerings.
- Supports and facilitates the product lines business plan within the location in accordance with Company policy, governmental legislation, and quality service goals through the effective and efficient use of its financial, capital, and human resources.
- Use simulation software to analyse Torque & Drag, Surge & Swab, Stand Off, Gas Lift design, Nodal Analysis, Tubing Movement, etc., to support equipment selection and field service execution.
- Collaborate with leadership to promote the continual quality improvement strategy of the company to meet strategic business objectives and profitability.
- Assists in defining the budgetary/financial forecasts requirements based on qualification/validation customers activity plans.
- Insight into overall customer service delivery projects and review with internal stakeholders and clients to ensure seamless delivery of services.
- Demonstrates creativity, strategic thinking and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving engineering problems, determining Clients objectives and requirements.
- Provide a critical support role in the execution of operations.
- 2-5+ years related experience.
- Engineering degree. Preferred degree within Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering (OR non degree qualified with 8+ Years experience in a similar role)
- General product knowledge.
- Ability to use simulation software to analyse Torque & Drag, Surge & Swab, Stand Off, Gas Lift design, Nodal Analysis, Tubing Movement, etc., to support equipment selection and field service execution.
- Good understanding of specifications and properties of metals, elastomers and other materials widely used in the industry.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings and mechanical concepts.
- Ability to follow and relay detailed and complex instructions.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to analyse problems and determine root causes.
- General mechanical ability.
- Self-motivator, self-starter.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of basic budgetary process and fiscal responsibility requirements is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of resources is preferred.
- SalesForce, Windchill, JD Edwards experience is advantageous.