The Mechanical Engineer
is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The Mechanical Engineer also assist in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
Location: Sugar Land, TX Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization.
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
- Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers through InTouch. Provide user training as required.
- Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise via Eureka and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily to develop innovative and low-cost products.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- BS Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering with 3-5 years of direct experience
- Team player with ability to work in a fast pace, cross functional diverse environment
S LB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are an "Equal Opportunity Employer". We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation / modification to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability to assist in the hiring process, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in the interview process, please contact company website to request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to. We are committed to a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion | SLB (slb.com) for more information. SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.