We have an exciting opportunity to join our Equipment group in Minnetonka with Veolia WTS as an Engineer Technician
on 1st shift.
The hours are Monday- Friday 6 am- 2 pm
Highlight of the role: we need someone who can identify, investigate, escalate, and solve impediments to the electrical assembly, mechanical assembly and testing of our reverse-osmosis equipment being produced on-site. To be successful in this role, you must possess electrical and mechanical knowledge. Assembly and knowledge of the operation of water processing equipment would help, but isn't required for consideration.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the following skills:Primary Responsibilities:
- Investigate and communicate production obstacles to engineering as an active participant in the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process
- Coordinate with facilitators when engineering changes are implemented
- Assist technicians in electrical, mechanical and controls troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of electrical code, industry standards and startup of reverse osmosis and electrodialysis machines
- Prioritize workload based on schedule and need for immediate support
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Ensure safe operation of equipment and be a champion for proactive safety practices
- Effectively interface with Quality, Supply Chain, Logistics, and EHS
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (manufacturing, assembly, engineering, maintenance, etc.)
- Proficiency with basic computer functions: email, Google products
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (P&ID/PFD, electrical schematics, mechanical assembly drawings, etc.)
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2+ years of prior experience in manufacturing, ideally related to water purification
- Prior experience in process control, automation, and machine operation
- Preference towards hands-on work
- Experience with CAD software, redlining
- Related degree in electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, chemical, or other relevant field or applicable military experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Consistently shows ability and desire to drive towards issue resolution
- Adopt and demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement
- Proficient with SAP or similar enterprise software
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!