Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Planner / Scheduler
with our Mining & Minerals team. Reporting to the Manager of Project Controls, this position is based in the Vancouver Office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you. Come be your very best YOU at Wood.
Wood is one of Canada's longest standing engineering firms with roots dating back to 1907 - with multi-discipline expertise leading sustaining capital and all phases of projects from concept studies up to large scale EPCM projects. Come join the elite Wood team!! Why Wood - you ask ? It's an opportunity to:
- Grow YOUR career with a team that truly cares about your personal development and advancement.
- Enjoy Hybrid / Flexible working options
- Work on challenging, innovative and sustainable solutions for mining and minerals projects
- Collaborate with our national & global mining teams
- Work on projects abroad - we have offices in 30 countries worldwide
- Enjoy a competitive benefits package that includes: progressive matching RRSP's, medical, dental, parental leave, employee / family assistance / mental wellness programs, among many others)
Skills / Qualifications
- Assist in developing Project WBS, procurement plans and contract strategies
- Develop robust EPCM schedules thorough understanding of the contract, scope of work, estimate and procurement / contracting plan for the assigned project.
- Assist project planning and development of multi-level, resource loaded CPM schedule for all phases of the assigned project and reconcile with staffing plans
- Maintain and update the CPM schedule as required by project plan
- Prepare schedules for weekly and monthly reports, report text inputs and specific schedule reports, e.g., look ahead and schedule reports by discipline, contract etc.
- Extract resources and quantities from the estimate and load into the schedule
- Implement and maintain Earned Value / Progress Tracking system
- Interact with clients, external consultants, construction and project management and team leads regarding planning and scheduling activities
- Review work of other planners/schedulers and perform schedule integrity checks
- Contribute to on-going improvements and developments in work methodology and software for scheduling and work progress measurement
- Prepare and conduct presentations of schedule methodologies and principles to other departments
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in performing planning and scheduling in an EPCM environment together with related construction field experience, preferably in mining
- Strong oral and written communication as well as inter-personal and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera P6
- Hands on knowledge of schedule risk analysis software such as Primavera Risk analysis would be an asset
- Additional experience in project reporting, cost control, procurement, contract administration, and construction management support would be considered an asset
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.