Overview / Responsibilities
We currently have a senior leadership opportunity and are seeking a Director
of Operations, Minerals & Metals (M&M), Vancouver, BC
Reporting to the Senior Vice President Operations, M&M North America, this position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the business units daily operations, managing the business unit's budget, with full P&L responsibility. Ensuring financial performance by delivering on budgets and managing cash flow, from large mining projects and studies.
This position plays a critical & strategic role in business development, by engaging with key clients, maintaining client relationships and identifying new opportunities for winning and delivering work.
If you have a demonstrated, successful track record in managing and growing a mining EPCM business, and you enjoy a fast paced and dynamic environment, this is the opportunity for you. Responsibilities :
Skills / Qualifications
- Overseeing project management and engineering teams, along with supply chain, construction, commissioning, HSSE, project controls and quality management activities on office based Mining & Minerals projects
- Developing and implementing strategies to expand the mining EPCM business
- Actively managing the organizational structure, along with the professional development and performance of individuals in the functional and operations management team
- Developing and managing budgets and reimbursable targets
- Actively participating in business development with local clients and managing selected client relationships
- Chairing internal review meetings and monthly project review meetings
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting key staff and ensuring project staffing requirements are met
- Monitoring safety, health and environment issues and performance, implementing corrective actions where required
- Ensuring procedures are followed with respect to standards and peer reviews
- Reviewing and authorizing all proposals and contracts
- Participating in bid/no bid decisions
- Acting as Project Sponsor on key projects
- Managing selected studies and projects as required
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering or a related discipline, with professional enginering designation.
- More than 20+ years proven management experience , of increasing responsibility, with an EPC/EPCM company, preferably within the mining industry.
- Experience in an operations management role (including developing and managing the business unit's budget, P&L), and in managing large mining projects and studies will be strongly considered in the selection process.
- Proven ability to act as Client Sponsor, and manage key accounts.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff and support employee development.
- Will have demonstrated strong & solid leadership in prior roles
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.