Overview / Responsibilities Wood
is recruiting for a Senior Software Developer
to join the team on a permanent basis.
Working under the direction of the Lead Software Engineer or Technical Lead, the Senior Software Developer will contribute to the development of existing and new applications to meet customer and business requirements.
Wood has a number of offices located throughout the UK and flexibility in working location is offered, with hybrid office/home working and remote working solutions available. Join a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. The Role Key Responsibilities
What we can offer
- Designing and developing new functionality and enhancing existing products/solutions following core principles, practices, architectural and security standards
- Writing well designed, high-quality, well-tested and clean code following SOLID principles
- Creating system guides and designs for complex changes to mitigate risks and provide guidance on technical approach
- Contributing to core principles, practices, architectural and security standards
- Actively being involved and contributing or leading in all phases of the software development life cycle, including troubleshooting and fixing problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Resolving technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Providing accurate effort estimations, supporting the development of user requirements, testing plans and deployments
- Conducting code reviews and advocates for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- Implementing and providing input on the design of required security measures such as firewalls or message encryption, monitoring performance to notify security experts of any problems in line with security by design principles
- Acting as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both technical knowledge and leadership skills
- Efficiently utilising Continuous Delivery and DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software.
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Skills / Qualifications Required Qualifications To Be Successful In This Role:
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant -
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
- Have substantial professional experience utilising Microsoft .Net technologies, with full stack development experience as well as experience of developing APIs and microservices.
- Proven track record of full life-cycle development, including requirement gathering and analysis, design, implementation, deployment, testing and maintenance with strong problem-solving skills.
- Have expertise in a range of testing approaches, unit and functional testing, and automating testing as part of a CI/CD pipeline.
- Proven working experience with Relational Databases and NoSQL databases
- Solid understanding of design patterns and Object-Oriented programming
- Secure coding practice in line with industry best practice such as OWASP
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide mentoring and coaching others and advocating for technical excellence while being open to change when needed.
- Comfortable with Agile methods, such as Scrum / Kanban
- Working experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and ability to utilise Continuous Delivery and DevOps tools and practices to automate builds and deployments of software applications
- Minimum 2.1 Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Remote working available however infrequent visits to our head office in Aberdeen will be required
- ASP .Net Core 6.0 Blazor
- MAUI/Xamarin Forms
- Power BI
- Azure Certifications - AZ-900
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.