Skills: Design Engineer, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Role: Senior Structural Engineer - Offshore Wind
Location: UK Wide
About the job:
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our Offshore Wind structural design and analysis team within our Engineering and Consulting Services business. We are looking for Senior or Principal candidates. We are actively recruiting across all of our UK offices and are open to the successful candidate's preferred location.
As a member of our team, you will lead the winning and delivery of our global portfolio of projects through various levels of development (conceptual, FEED and detailed design projects) for major offshore wind assets, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades.
This position provides the opportunity for a passionate individual to contribute to the growing renewables sector, actively helping to combat climate change.
• Responsible for leading teams of engineers to deliver design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects.
• Plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of analysis packages.
• Responsible for guiding and mentoring junior engineers.
• Maintain our best-in-class reputation.
• Be part of an integrated team.
• Adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments.
• Although your role focus on the offshore wind market, you may also be called upon to support projects in other markets, such as supporting our industry-leading work in the structural integrity management of offshore oil and gas structures.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.
• Previous working experience of major offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI.
• Experience in Lead Engineer role through concepts, FEED and detailed design.
• Solid understanding of offshore wind development drivers for design.
• Awareness of the interfaces between turbine and foundation.
• Appreciation of the dynamics of offshore structures subject to wind and wave action.
• Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering and relevant Offshore Wind design codes.
• Knowledge of turbine loads and interfaces.
• Awareness of certification requirements.
• Experience in structural analysis tools.
• Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) - particularly, SESAM, USFOS and SACS.
• Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS or similar package.
• Experience in integrated coupled analysis and ideally using Bladed.
• Experience in the use of coding in structural applications is seen as desirable.
• Track record in delivering multiple types of offshore wind projects including monopiles, jackets and/or floating.
• Ability to solve complex technical problems.
• Ability to lead delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
• Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required.
• Drive safe and efficient delivery of the projects.
• Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
• Can provide training and mentoring to junior engineers.
• Ability to maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
• Has a desire to innovate and enhance the efficiency of structural designs.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!