Senior Software Engineer - Python
Join our Digital Solutions team Are you a Senior Software Engineer looking for an innovative change? Join our Bently Nevada Team
Baker Hughes Bently Nevada offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection hardware, software and services that help achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible. Our team takes ownership in designing and implementing web/cloud applications. Partner with the best
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be involved in designing and implementing web/cloud applications and converting Machine learning models from POC to production while integrating it into the application. You will be responsible for designing, programming and technically guiding the team. As Senior Software Engineer - Python you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion To be successful in this role you will need:
- Python software development and converting Machine learning models provided by the Data scientist into production quality considering scalability, performance, data & application integration, etc.
- Data Cleaning, Wrangling & validation.
- Working on enterprise-scale/complex project that require you to connect the business needs and domain with technical knowledge.
- Working & collaborating with cross-functional teams of Devs, Architects, Data engineers, Data Scientists, SMEs, devops, quality engineers, product managers, etc to implement efficient Analytical solutions.
- Spearheading technical coaching, model/code reviews, best practices, etc.
- Leading and consulting in architecture and design of the application, supporting team execution.
- Helping in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules.
- 7+ yrs of total experience across software development and machine learning. At least 4+ years in Python backend development along with established leadership credentials.
- Good to have experience in numpy, pandas, Scikit, TensorFlow, converting ML/DL/AI models to production ready, data processing & validation.
- Prior experience of working on Analytics/Data Science projects (applications that manage and deploy ML/DL/statistical models to predict/prescribe) as a software developer will be an advantage.
- Expertise in architecture, design and software development best practices.
- Have prior experience of implementing an application on Azure/AWS using microservices architecture; docker/containerization.
- Have proficiency in Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL). Awareness of managed services like PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Have deep understanding of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc.
- Have good communication, Problem-solving skills, Collaboration, Influencing and articulation.
- Have been a graduate of Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, statistics, Math)
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.