Staff Software Engineer - Python
Join our Digital Solutions team Are you a Staff Software Engineer looking for an innovative change? Join our Bently Nevada Team
Baker Hughes Bently Nevada offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection hardware, software and services that help achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible. Our team takes ownership in designing and implementing web/cloud applications. Partner with the best
As Staff Software Engineer, you will be involved in designing and implementing web/cloud applications and converting Machine learning models from POC to production while integrating it into the application. You will be responsible for designing, programming and technically guiding the team.
As Staff Software Engineer - Python, you will be
Fuel your passion
- Software engineering for Machine learning. Converting Machine learning models provided by the Data scientist into production considering scalability, performance, integrating in the application, etc.
- Working on enterprise-scale/complex project that require you to connect the business needs and domain with technical knowledge.
- Working & collaborating with cross-functional teams of devops, quality engineers, product managers, Architects, Data engineers, Data Scientists, SMEs, etc to implement efficient solutions
- Spearheading technical coaching to team members, code reviews
- Leading and consulting in design of the application, supporting team execution.
- Helping in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Subject matter expert (SME) on major modules.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- 10+ years of total experience across software development and machine learning. At least 6+ years in Python backend development along with established leadership credentials.
- Good to have experience in numpy, pandas, Scikit, TensorFlow, converting ML/DL/AI models to production ready, data processing & validation.
- Prior experience of working on Analytics/Data Science projects (applications that manage and deploy ML/DL/statistical models to predict/prescribe) as a software developer will be an advantage.
- Should be having experience in Team Management/People management
- Expertise in architecture, design and software development best practices.
- Willing to specialize in Machine Learning Engineering instead of general roles like Data Scientist or backend dev. Motivated by scaling POC ML models to production level instead of constraining just to research driven ML POCs.
- Have prior experience of implementing an application on Azure/AWS using microservices architecture; docker/containerization.
- Have proficiency in Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL). Awareness of managed services like PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Have deep understanding of Application and Infrastructure architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc.
- Have good communication, Problem-solving skills, Collaboration, Influencing and articulation.
- Have been a graduate of Computer Science or in STEM Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, statistics, Math)
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits About Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.