Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes approximately 30,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries. Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Weatherford, Perth CBD is currently seeking for a full time permanent Technical Sales Representative (TSR) who is responsible for building on a very high level of product line & operational knowledge and sales experience to sell specific tools, technologies and services solutions proactively and strategically within their Segment portfolio to secure and grow business revenue and profitability enhancements. In alignment with the agreed sales plan, the TSR ensures a high level of product line & operational knowledge is provided to the client normally at the customers location; office, rig site, warehouse or workshop. Where client or market opportunity is identified they should proactively lead and support the individual product line and / or in development of cross selling across the Segment(s) the sales conversion cycle in alignment with customer needs and expectations in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains safety and service quality as first priorities when working across all areas of the business
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all commercial activity is carried out ethically and in compliance with relevant Company policies including FCPA & Overseas Trade policies, laws, regulations, standards and industry practices
- Responsible for adopting consistent & effective use of the available Technology (SFDC.com, XAIT-Porter)
- Responsible for advising client whether or not the Company wishes to participate in the sale or selling process
- Responsible for discussing the technical specifications with the client & gaining client feedback to drive positive Weatherford positioning and unique value solution offering
- Responsible for working with the appropriate internal resources to solve customer issues including service quality
- Understands and oversees the areas of business risk and works with the sales Manager and other internal Weatherford stakeholders to ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible: Technical, Commercial, Operational, Relationship
- Ownership of the Sales life cycle process, start to finish, stepping up to deliver on your responsibilities, is ultimately your accountability.
- Understands customer's needs and ensures products and services are positioned and understood by key decision makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for the development and executing targeted Client Engagement Plans to enhance the revenues and profitability of the company through Weatherford provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations, bids & tender submissions, other as requested) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for relaying market and competitive information back to the appropriate PL stakeholders, including pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value propositions
- Identifies opportunities for new products and services for customers and liaises with Weatherford internal resources accordingly
- Visits customer worksites; Offices, Rig Sites, Warehouses/Workshops to make certain products and services meet customer's expectations and to enhance Weatherford customer relationship
- Responsible for the generation of annual revenue targets through the creation and conversion of sales plans including growth strategies
- Take relevant actions to identify and address revenue 'gaps' for the year to ensure target achievement
- Assists Sales Manager and other internal stakeholders with formulation of sales strategies, client or market specific and delivery of annual budget as a minimum and undertakes quarterly reviews of their revenue and client account plans Take relevant actions to identify and address revenue 'gaps' for the year to ensure revenue target achievement
- Accountable for delivering positive commercial results through strong negotiating skills which result in significant continuous improvements in margin performance
- Evaluates sales revenue gaps and identifies 'pull-through' opportunities whenever possible
- Responsible for finalizing the Bid Strategy Analysis (BSA) with identified upsell plan in conjunction with the Sales / Operations management
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Supports line management in the efficient, effective and compliant use of resources in the support of Geozone sales.
- Promotes the highest possible values, principles and the Weatherford culture to their team
- Supports cohesion and common purpose in a changing environment to all sales related personnel
- Supports and coordinates the [technical PL] education of internal sales community
- Responsible for participating in the sales training offerings in order to gain cross-product line knowledge
- Undertakes all necessary sales training including but not limited to; Product Line training, Financial Training, Negotiations training and Customer Service training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- 4 years of Oil & Gas / Energy, Industry technical or operational experience
- 2 years of direct client facing sales experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to quickly gain a broad-based knowledge of Weatherford Products and Services
- Commercial and business acumen within well services market sector
- Based in Weatherford Perth CBD office.
- 5-10% Adhoc domestic travel (meetings, conference etc)
- 8:00 am - 4:30pm - normal work hours, can be extended if necessary.
For confidential discussion, please email email@example.com or call 0457 186 654
Only suited candidates will be contacted.