Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in Trail, BC.
Reporting to the Engineering Department Manager, this position is located in our Trail, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for providing Electrical Engineering and Design support on a wide variety of industrial projects.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Our Trail office currently numbers over 50 engineers, designers and support personnel. Trail, located in Southeastern British Columbia near the cities of Rossland, Nelson, and Castlegar, is an affordable family-oriented community of approximately 10,000 people. The area offers excellent education and health care facilities, as well as access to world-class skiing at Red Mountain, hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, golf and all outdoor activities available in the Kootenays. Come work where most people dream of going to play! The Wood Trail office is currently offering a hybrid working environment, with your work week split between attending the Wood Office and working from home. This situation is subject to change and is dependent on project requirements, office plans, and Wood policy changes.
Wood's Trail engineering team and company-wide environmental specialists are focused on Carbon Management & reduction initiatives and are providing solutions to Energy services within the region to reduce emissions and protect our environment. Key Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Providing project engineering and electrical discipline leadership.
- Performing engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding, LV and MV motor sizing and selection, cable distribution design, schematic, single line, termination schedule and wiring design.
- Ensuring that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Project Lead responsibilities requiring the ability to establish good working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Reviewing, checking and approving work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required.
- Preparing estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review.
- Preparing project documents and reviewing those prepared by others for scope, presentation and technical accuracy
- Focussed on meeting client objectives
- Effectively execute projects in study phases and project execution, as well as supporting projects in construction
- Demonstrating effective organizational skills and handling multiple tasks independently, and as part of a team
- Adequate management of project budget, schedule and quality, and effective implementation of change management procedures
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with project management, area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate and ensure the compatibility of design
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff, including assigning work and evaluating technical competence
- Electrical Engineering Degree from a recognized university with P.Eng designation or ability to register as a Professional with EGBC
- 5-10 years of relevant industrial engineering experience at various stages of the project life cycle
- Relevant site maintenance or operations experience is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere is imperative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to continual improvement and achieving engineering excellence
- Experience with ETAP or similar software design tools are considered an asset.
- Demonstration of specific experience with aspects of Project Engineering and/or Project Management roles including ownership of overall project scope, schedule and budget management would be considered an asset.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.