Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Designer Control & Instrumentation in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Skills / Qualifications
- Have a sound knowledge of International Codes & Standards and General C&I Design. With minimum supervision be able to carry out all aspects of General C&I Design to a high standard from first principles using client standards and in line with Project requirements with minimum supervision confirming to safety and quality control within the man-hour budget and the project schedule targets. Be able to check the quality of work carried out by designers
- Responsible to carry out the following C&I Design Activities
- 3D modeling of Cable trays, Junction Boxes, Stanchions and extraction to 2D
- Preparation & Checking of all 2D design deliverables like Hook-up drawings, Loop Drawings, Block drawings, JB drawings, Cable Schedule, Drum Schedule, Cable routing, Instrument Location drawings, F&G Layouts, control room drawings
- Preparation & Checking of MTO
- Review of vendor drawings including control system wiring and panel drawings
- Preparation and checking of mechanical packages C&I design documents
- Inter discipline & Vendor co-ordination
- Hands on experience in Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI) on various
modules Instrument Index, Specification, Wiring.
- Micro station V8i
- Full Time Diploma in Instrument Technology / Engineering with 5-10 years of experience in design and preparation of Instrumentation deliverables for Chemical / Oil and Gas Industrial Projects
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.