Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Field Operation Manager, performs various Wireline services. Duties and responsibilities include the proper maintenance of tools and equipment, crew supervision, ensuring compliance to policies, managing information and customer data, and customer relations. The employee will be capable of working autonomously on tasks covering services in Cased Hole and/or Open Hole domains. Additionally, they should be contributing toward improvements in service quality which includes failure analysis, processes and procedures, and customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform job planning and preparation of tools and equipment, promptly and accurately
- Possess the knowledge and skill to Operate a proprietary surface computer system to collect, analyze and QC geological, geophysical, and / or mechanical readings from subsurface well logging tools
- Supervise all tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which includes load-out and backload, rig up, winch operation, clean-up and maintenance of tools, equipment, and Wireline units.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of various Wireline functions including winch operation, depth control, tension, fishing, data acquisition and tool response.
- Promptly report issues, lessons learned and best practices using the appropriate online system.
- Perform Wireline cable tests and re-heads, tool preventative maintenance & calibration, tension, and depth system calibration.
- Maintain equipment, facilities, and work locations in a presentable and working condition.
- Prepare and organize logs and data for distribution, processing, and archiving.
- Maintain customer relations and communications.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Understand fundamental math, hole volume calculations, and physics
- Understand principles of electricity
- Knowledge of windows-based systems
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of computer-based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- New University or Technical School graduate with a learning mind and willing to participate in the Weatherford training program are encouraged to apply
- Experienced Wireline Supervisors with 1-2 years of experience
- Weatherford Safety training
- Possession of or ability to obtain blaster's permit and NRCan approval letter
- Previous Wireline experience
- Graduate from a minimum 2-year technical program or equivalent experience
- Available 24/7 when on shift
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude toward health, safety and the environment
- Experience or knowledge of operating in the Oil & Gas industry