We're proud to post the perfect role for an experienced Data Architect/ Data Modeler. Here's a chance to apply your technical expertise and passion for enterprise data design in helping make Shell's business processes be both effective and sustainable. With all the career opportunities you'd expect from a supportive and global company, you'll be a pivotal part of driving Shell's performance; within our Trading and Supply business.Where do you fit in
The Data Modeler/Architect brings together both business and IT stakeholders to capture and model a data landscape that supports business interests whilst enabling the effective IT management of data.
In this role, you will provide the enterprise data design, models, tools and guidance to provide the business and IT with a view of how data is being utilised. This starts with a strong semantic foundation all the way to identifying potential business process improvements.What's the role?
As Data Modeler/Architect, your key deliverables include Critical Data List, Data Affinity Maps, Enterprise Data Catalogues, Conceptual & Logical Data Models, Data Principles, and Standards & Handrails.
In this role, you will be leveraging on your desire to bring enterprise data design to IT and business functions. You will also require the passion to drive IT related business activity towards value-based outcomes built on a foundation of well-described quality data.
You will assist in ownership of data domains, including being a key focal point for the Lead Data Architect for, Architects, Solution Architects and Solution Data Architects.
Furthermore, your accountabilities are as follows:
What do we need from you?
- Maintain the Enterprise Conceptual and Logical Models and ensuring project-related models remain aligned
- Understand the importance of Data Mastership and Data Flow mapping for the business, capturing both As-Is and To-Be states, and help identify the right data for the business
- Work with Solution/Segment architects to review/approve data provisioning from a simplified access and governance perspective and adopt Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) approach to enable effective re-use, provisioning and sharing of data across the business
- Provide solution architecture an understanding of how the project fits into the segment architecture. Ensure compliance and alignment of the project design
We're keen to hear from IT professionals with proven experience in Data Architecture and Data Modelling. Beyond that, we'd want to hear from individuals who have the following:
- Knowledge of the business
- Proven Core Data Architecture skills including Data Analysis, Data Modelling (ERD), Big Data Design, Master Data Management patterns & implementation, Data Landscape Design (Data Flow, Mastership, API)
- Understanding of technologies involved in data management (Database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.)
- Knowledge of all architecture aspects and the ability to stay up to date with key developments in IT - affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, applications, infrastructure, security, etc.)
- A delivery and result oriented mindset with a hands-on attitude with a vision for the long-term implications of short to intermediate term decisions
- Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan, along with the ability to adapt to the circumstances on the ground that may have a level of uncertainty and risk
- Experience in Data Modelling tools such as PowerDesigner
- While you experience in working with Enterprise Architecture tools such as BiZZDesign is not required, it will certainly be beneficial in your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part. An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.