We are looking for a skilled Mechanical Assembler to join our manufacturing group in Guelph, ON! The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for the safe and efficient assembly/fabrication of our industrial water systems according to quality systems and specifications.Responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must work in a safe manner and comply with all safety procedures
- Maintain housekeeping standards that adhere to Clean Room Protocol
- Position, install, and secure all sub-components into various pieces of equipment as per appropriate drawings
- Operate a wide variety of machinery as part of the manufacturing processes i.e.: welding machines, torches, pipe/conduit/tube benders, grinders, drills, etc.
- Fabricate, assemble and hydro-test PVC, PP, and PVDF pipe spool
- Perform self-inspection to verify that all components are installed, tested, and match applicable drawings and sign QA documentation
- Perform paint touch up where required to ensure product quality
- Package all equipment to meet shipping requirements (i.e.: overseas vs. domestic)
- Must be able to work the first shift or the second shift.
- other duties as assigned
- Ability to assemble equipment to assembly process drawings
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude: must be proficient in understanding basic pipe, and skid layout and assembly.
- Demonstrated high-quality work, initiative and ,the ability to work unsupervised at times.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, assist with training peers/contractors
- Experience in PVC pipe welding an asset. Experience in structural welding an asset.
- Preference will be given to previous experience in manufacturing of large water treatment equipment.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, lift 50lbs, and walk, bend and climb stairs on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to work 1st shift (8hrsx5 days day shift(7am-330pm) or 2nd shift (3pm-130am, 10hrsx4days M-Thurs)
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!