This is a key role within Our Client Doha office delivering across study, FEED, detailed engineering scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of construction engineering work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Our Client and/or project procedures, maintaining Safety and Quality within the manhour, cost and project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and greenfield opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
The preparation, review and reporting of accurate project schedules and plans in support of the robust control of projects throughout their lifecycle.
May act as the focal point for several project scopes or as part of a team as defined by the requirements of the contract and project organisation.
Responsible for the development of project schedules and plans, ensuring they are prepared to the required level of detail and accuracy and accordance with contractual requirements and policies, procedures, and standards.
Responsible for ensuring that:
- Review and maintain planning control structures are developed and maintained in alignment with approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Review and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Provide copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting
- Provide copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Review and issue updates to project plans and schedules
- Review and issue updates to project manpower requirements
- Monitor and assess schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor and review overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and evaluate project performance in relation to planned performance.
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings as required
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Participate in Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
- Project schedules are maintained in accordance with approved contract and project Work Breakdown Structure.
- Project plans and schedules are issued in accordance with contract reporting calendar and on an as required basis.
- All project schedules are fully logic linked and show the critical path and total float for all
- The project schedule is baselined at the time of approval by the client of funding for the
- All project schedules contain resources in accordance with the corporate standards
- Work packs delivery milestones are clearly identified within the project
- A standard set of agreed milestones are maintained within both the schedule and the cost reporting database.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate across the contract and clients teams.
Typically requires ISCED level 6 (Bachelors) Degree in a relevant technical or business discipline (or equivalent gained through relevant vocational training and/or industry experience)
Incumbents will typically have relevant scheduling/planning experience.
Advanced knowledge of Primavera and other scheduling software and related tools and techniques including Logic and CPM analysis, resource loading and levelling.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Execution Procedures for Scheduling
- Advanced understanding of WBS & CBS structures and project reporting capabilities
- Advanced ability to develop project schedules and plans
- Advanced ability to prepare resource loading, progress and staffing plans
- Excellent understanding of earned value application, cost and schedule variance analyses/trending and what-if scenarios
- Advanced understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Strong understanding of Cost Management, Change Control, Planning & Risk Analysis & Management
- Prior experience in a senior planning
- Demonstrates commitment to client Values, Visions & Behaviours
- Applies analytical and statistical evaluation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Uses initiative, experience and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to guide, mentor & supervise others
- Demonstrates effective organization & project planning skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.