- As an IT Business Analyst, you are a strategic problem solver essential to an IT departments success.
- You will work closely with your business counterparts to identify IT solutions in business functional areas.
The individual will use a spectrum of personal and technical skills to manage the requirements life cycle: identify, interpret and document business needs, define the scope of work, structure functional and non-functional requirements, write user stories, use-cases to a testable level and interact with team members to support the delivery of the project.
- The person will be responsible for defining business needs, create software requirements documents and other project artifacts.
- The individual must be able to discuss requirements with business team members, development, and infrastructure teams to support the delivery of the requirements throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Understanding the business vision, Identifying, and gathering business needs,
- The Business Analyst will interact with business management and stakeholders to identify business needs, objectives, scope of work, resource demand, timelines and risks.
- Communicating detailed functional & non-functional requirements and business rules through user stories, use cases, software specifications and other supporting artifacts.
- Facilitating the communication between the various business and technology stakeholders to review and align the business needs with the capabilities that will be offered by the proposed solutions while being thoughtful in suggesting changes and innovation to the business.
- Collaborating with project team members to analyze requirements for new projects, translating them into project initiation documents.
- Working in partnership with other members of the technology team building data flows and user interface requirements.
- 3+ years of proven experience in a business analysis role.
- Excellent project leadership, communications, and customer engagement skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, interpersonal and consultative skills
- Techniques to communicate and validate requirements.
- Strong Analytical Thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Solid experience of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.