- The CNC Machine Operator will operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, qualify, and productivity
- Set-up and operate CNC machines to perform 3, 4, and 5 axis machining operations, could include conventional milling / drilling, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings, and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Lift work piece on table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secure work piece on machine table or in holding device.
- Select and install tooling, place tools in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on process sheet.
- Record production inspection results in computer data system.
- Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speed of machining cuts. Check program at start of each shift.
- Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using a micrometer and precision dial gauges.
- Troubleshoot production problems.
- Deburr all pieces as per specifications and good machining practice.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.