Overview / Responsibilities The preferred partner for delivering digitally enabled capital investments with low carbon solutions.
Wood's Projects business unit specialises in delivering predictable and consistent results in high complexity projects that include new technology, challenging construction logistics and, or sheer scale. Just like the nature and expansiveness of our sectors, so is our Projects business, in its solutions, abilities and global track record. Across any major capital project lifecycle, we provide a full suite of solutions from programme and project management, to engineering and design, procurement, construction and project delivery.
Powered by a global team of more than 12,000 people, we deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects
in many diverse and evolving sectors, including:
- Upstream / Midstream / Downstream Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Mining & Minerals
- Industrials & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Government services
We are recruiting for a Senior Subcontracts Specialist to work in our Reading office on a variety of renewables, oil & gas, petrochemical and energy transition projects. This is a staff position with exciting prospects for the right candidate.
In this role you will be responsible for the execution of specific aspects of subcontracts execution and / or quantity surveying. In addition you will also lead, supervise and guide directly reporting subcontract specialists / associates.
You will have a clear understanding of the client's head contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and knowledge of how these are integrated into project subcontract strategies, plans, procedures and terms
and conditions. Having a working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions, you will interface with Wood legal / commercial experts and under guidance initiate / discuss exceptions in order to reach robust commercial agreements.
The execution of project subcontract operations and co-ordination of interface activities with other project team members in accordance with applicable company and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules will be key. Where applicable, and suitably trained and qualified, you will also execute quantity surveying duties in accordance with applicable practices and procedures.
In addition you will be responsible for the execution of post award subcontract activities during construction phase in the field including home office liaison and interface with the client's organisation, where applicable. Also field administration of all construction and services contracts in accordance with applicable corporate and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules.
Also as part of this role you will regularly report progress of all activities for which you are responsible. In line with this you will ensure direct reports regularly update reports / systems with required information to allow accurate reporting and escalates any critical issues and risks to project management. What we can offer
If all of this sounds good to you, review the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Skills / Qualifications
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy transition, emerging and conventional energy sectors
- A caring team culture; we support each other professionally and personally, encouraging knowledge sharing across all areas of the business
- Energy Transition Academy; join a community of experts sharing your knowledge and gaining more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems - delivered by experts in their field
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive renumeration package with regular reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),plus the potential for one additional 'flex day' per month. Further benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
You may read these details and consider not applying because your knowledge, experience and skills base doesn't fully cover every item listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but think you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges and grow your potential....do apply. Qualifications:
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree or Equivalent, or Vocational equivalent qualification; RICS qualified or
- Good experience of Oil and Gas or Heavy Industrial sectors of Construction Industry, or similar
- Detailed knowledge of Subcontractors, commercial evaluations, negotiations and terms and conditions of contract
- Good knowledge of commercial position imposed by Head Contracts
- Good knowledge of Industry forms of Subcontract
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.