The CONS Specialist is responsible for the supervision, control and proper coordination of all Construction Engineering works related with the discipline, including Basic and Detailed engineering works for Lifex Project or other debottlenecking project in PBF.
The CONS Specialist shall:
1. Supervise and guide FPSO Basic / EPCI Contractors for all aspects of the Construction engineering discipline for Dalia or other FPSO Debottlenecking Project.
2. Supervise and guide CFT Tenderers / EPC Contractors for all aspects of CONSTRUCTION engineering discipline considered as part of Dalia Phase 4, new CFM module in Dalia Closed Flare, or any other topic related with CFTs to be launched by the department. He/she shall ensure that SOR, Project Specifications and Procedures, the CLIENT General Specifications and international codes (AISC, API, ASTM, BS, etc.) are well followed for the design of the modifications/integrations to be performed in the frame of the Projects.
The activities include in particular:
1. Detailed Design review: Produce comment in due time, explain to Contractor and follow up the implementation.
2. Perform or supervise any construction or installation related document such as layouts, structural or mechanical drawings, constructability reports or any other deliverable that can impact the construction phase in terms of cost, installation time or any other important aspect of the Project.
3. Review, propose and approve answers to possible technical queries related to his/her discipline
4. Interfaces between disciplines: Inform engineering leader and liaise with other discipline involved
5. Interfaces between packages: in liaison with interface leader, provide assistance with regards to interfaces between packages when related to his/her discipline.
6. Meeting: keep regular and good quality communication with his/her counterpart(s) on Contractor's side and put in place technical meetings to follow up progress, explain main comments, and provide guidance etc...
7. Reporting to Engineering Leader with regards to his/her discipline: main technical issue, area of concern, progress, quality etc Propose mitigation measures when drift is noticed.
8. Assist Engineering Leader with review of possible change orders, planning constraints etc when related to his/her discipline.
9. Participate on technical evaluations process.
10. On top of that also:
a) Ensure lessons learnt from previous project is well integrated in the project for his/her discipline.
b) To monitor discipline studies during engineering (technical, costs, planning, interfaces, reporting).
c) Contribute to the evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review/approval of deliverables from the design contractor.
d) Participate in the technical evaluations of the bids.
e) Propose design optimizations when possible
f) The position requires to be informed of all engineering, procurement, fabrication activities.
g) To participate in technical reviews. To provide the answers and the documents needed to answer any of these reviews related to the discipline.
h) ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his/her activities.
i) ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
j) work by anticipation.
k) promote a LEAN approach
l) With the spirit of the CLIENT values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
m) promote digitalization and innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities.
n) To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project.
o) To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
p) keep all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status.
q) To advise the Project Managers on architecture related actions/decisions.
r) ensure proper communication to final internal client during all stages of the project and to monitor client satisfaction for "after sales" and REX purposes.
s) promote safety culture within the project and his activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues