PVV (PIPING, VALVES, VESSELS) DISCIPLINE LEADGrupo Epalmo Featured Employer
Paris, Île-de-France, France
The PVV Lead is responsible for the supervision, control and proper coordination of all Mechanical engineering works related with piping, valves and static equipment discipline, including Basic and Detailed engineering works for Lifex Project or other debottlenecking project in PBF.
The PVV Lead shall:
1. Supervise and guide FPSO Basic / EPCI Contractors for all aspects of the discipline for Dalia or other FPSO Debottlenecking. 2. Supervise and guide CFT Tenderers / EPC Contractors for all aspects of PVV discipline considered as part of Dalia Phase 4
, new CFM module in Dalia Closed Flare, or any other topic related with CFTs to be launched by the department. He/she shall ensure that SOR, Project Specifications and Procedures, CLIENT General Specifications and international codes are well followed for the design of the modifications/integrations to be performed in the frame of the Projects. The activities include in particular:
1. Detailed Design review: Produce comment in due time, explain to Contractor and follow up the implementation.
2. Review, propose and approve answers to possible technical queries related to his/her discipline
3. Interfaces between disciplines: Inform engineering leader and liaise with other discipline involved
4. Interfaces between packages: in liaison with interface leader, provide assistance with regards to interfaces between packages when related to his/her discipline.
5. Meeting: keep regular and good quality communication with his/her counterpart(s) on Contractor's side and put in place technical meetings to follow up progress, explain main comments, and provide guidance etc...
6. Reporting to Engineering Leader with regards to his/her discipline: main technical issue, area of concern, progress, quality etc Propose mitigation measures when drift is noticed.
7. Assist Engineering Leader with review of possible change orders, planning constraints etc when related to his/her discipline. 8. Participate on technical evaluations process.
9. On top of that also:
a) Get HQ support when necessary. Ensure lessons learnt from previous project is well integrated in the project for his/her discipline.
b) To monitor PVV discipline studies during engineering (technical, costs, planning, interfaces, reporting).
c) Contribute to the evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review/approval of deliverables from the design contractor. d) Participate in the technical evaluations of the bids.
e) Propose design optimizations when possible
f) The position requires to be informed of all engineering, procurement, fabrication activities.
g) To perform or supervise all the Mechanical calculations required.
h) To participate in the HAZID, HAZOP, PR & other technical reviews. To provide the answers and the documents needed to answer the HAZOP and PR points related to the discipline.
i) ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his/her activities.
j) ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
k) work by anticipation.
l) promote a LEAN approach
m) With the spirit of the CLIENT values, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
n) promote digitalization and innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities.
o) To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project.
p) To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
q) keep all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status.
r) To advise the Project Managers on architecture related actions/decisions.
s) ensure proper communication to final internal client during all stages of the project and to monitor client satisfaction for "after sales" and REX purposes.
t) promote safety culture within the project and his activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues
u) support other PVV engineer(s) within the team:
I. Continuously assess workload of the Team to avoid overload of any member
II. Provide clear scope (input data, tool to be used, aim, goal, due date)
III. Perform Quality Assurance for the different tasks based on TotalEnergies general specifications and CRs. IV. Help him/her to develop his/her autonomy progressively
V. Provide useful learning exercises and involve him/her into technical discussions
With 18 years of activity around the world, Grupo Epalmo, based in Porto, Portugal, is acknowledged in its own country and in the international markets for its competence, accuracy, professionalism and perseverance, being one of the major business groups experienced in Human Resources, Temporary Work, Professional Training, Consulting, Construction and Industrial Maintenance.
Grupo Epalmo has always followed a business dynamic focused on both clients and collaborators, and though mainly directed on the Energy, Industrial and Construction areas, it has been increasing its investments regarding the conquering of new and ambitious goals and markets.
Based always on a spirit of professionalism and supported by a technical and theoretical know-how, Grupo Epalmo, and its highly qualified and motivated teams, is the first to provide services with the aspiration to best serve the clients’ demands, with dedication and consideration.
Operating in more than 20 countries, including Angola, we provide our teams and specialists, for operators in the international energy sector, from Oil & Gas and industrial maintenance, to nuclear and construction.
Grupo Epalmo, Headquarters;
Rua S. Lourenco 12 1 Sala 1 e 6
4446 – 909 Ermesinde – Portugal
Tel: (+351) 229 773 650
Fax: (+351) 229 733 544
For more information's and Resumes Submittals please use the following: