We are looking for a mature HR professional to join the Job Evaluation and Reward team and be part of Shell's Performance and Reward community. Our global Reward team combines the expertise areas of Reward and Job Evaluation, and team members work across both.
We offer a unique opportunity
to learn about Shell, the different businesses and have impact in a holistic manner rarely afforded in other roles. Working together with (senior) stakeholders within the HR community and Line Managers across the business you are supporting, you will have direct impact on organizing their structures and team set ups.
You will apply and further develop your benchmarking/calibration, project management, business acumen, global working, stakeholder engagement and organisational design skills while developing and applying your technical competencies of Hay Job Evaluation Methodology and pay benchmarking.
You will be part of a natural team, working together to deliver healthy organisational structures and reward systems that are market-relevant, equitable and cost-effective. As consultants to the businesses, functions and countries we collaborate closely with multiple clients across several business units, sites or geographies. We leverage best practices from inside and outside of Shell, contributing to the continuing development of a world-class organization. What's the role?
We'll entrust you to:
Job Evaluation and Organisation structure health:
- Contribute to or Lead Job Evaluation projects and deliver job evaluation in small and large sized reorganisations and organisation reviews as well as analysing and advising on the structure health of organisation units.
- Promote effective and efficient organizations which are satisfying and motivating for employees through the application of sound job evaluation and organizational design principles using the Hay methodology as a foundation.
- Partner with the business and HR on implications of structural choices on job grades when designing organisations and provide alternative solutions when needed.
- Help monitor and reinforce (and intervene, if required) good corporate governance in job group management across Shell to provide assurance on the standards of application, and challenge current processes, tools and methodology with a continuous improvement mindset to further our Job Evaluation journey.
- Utilise data to support organisational advice, lead and improve the metrics to be used and provide periodic organisation structure reports to your stakeholders
- Support the development of relevant and fit for purpose tools and frameworks to facilitate the application of sound job evaluation principles within Shell.
- Support Line Managers and HR in their management of job grades by providing and presenting appropriate educational materials e.g. learning programmes and guidance on the use of the EVA evaluation tool for the line manager community.
- Support in improvement projects related to job evaluation, organisation structure analysis processes and tools and design and implement simplification, standardisation, automation and elimination, especially of low-value activities.
What we need from you
- Engage with country stakeholders and deliver the annual benchmarking and merit budget setting cycle (including supporting mandate setting for collective labour agreements) for assigned countries.
- Work within the Reward governance guidelines and risk & control framework, monitoring good corporate governance across Shell to provide assurance on the standards of application with a continuous improvement mindset. e.g. Conducts Post Event Control analysis
- Ensure that Reward communication materials contain clear, transparent and consistent messages about Reward.
- Flag and support the management of conflicting perspectives related to Reward and Job Evaluation challenges, aiding parties to reach solutions with the use of data, understanding global standards, local budget, market pressures and ER/IR aspects.
Alongside your degree level education or equivalent and experience in job evaluation and reward in large companies, you'll ideally have:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, including advanced Excel capability/aptitude. Ability to evaluate information from multiple sources, apply intuition and judgement to weigh their value and relevance to the decision at hand. Compares and contrasts situations and information, identifying patterns and trends which inform subsequent decisions.
- Strong stakeholder management experience with senior leaders and able to manage stakeholders with different interests and agendas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills. Takes steps to understand and consider the diverse opinions of involved parties ahead of a proposal.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.