Technical Asset Operations (TAO)
which seats in Shell's Projects and Technology provides high-quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at a site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value. The TAO teams are located across 4 locations: Krakow, Chennai, Manila & Kuala Lumpur.Associate Engineer - Process Data SSW - is a role for Early Careers.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support for various data management activities, especially in the Subsurface & WRFM discipline (Wells, Reservoir, and Facility Management). This role is expected to focus on subsurface data management (specific to wells data, wells logs, and well documents; core data, etc.) within corporate and project databases. Knowledge of the Exploration and development life cycle would be very handy to perform this role. Skills in Data analysis (using Python), data integration (using VBA, Power Query), and visualization (using Spotfire, PowerBI) are added advantages.Purpose & Accountabilities:
Skills & Requirements:
- Operational support: loading/managing subsurface data (well data, well logs, and well documents; core data) to and within corporate and project databases.
- Responding to the Subsurface & WRFM data team / end-user requests e.g., resolving data quality issues through proactive daily monitoring of IQM queries, reactive identification of data issues, or provision of data sets to the government.
- Driving data quality improvement through interaction with local data analysts/consultants and resolving challenges.
- Perform data management tasks including engagements with Asset focal points for diligent Quality Checks and closing-out data gaps.
- Participate in the existing network and share key achievements and challenges.
- University Degree in Petroleum Engineering/Geosciences/Geophysics or relevant.
- Experience: Freshers/1-2 years of relevant experience in any one of the areas - subsurface disciplines, technical data management.
- Relevant academic & Project experience in a similar role/organization.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset.
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Programmes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge, and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Continuous Improvement.