Finance & Data Operations Data Science Team is tasked with delivering tangible value to business units within Shell through data-driven decision making. This position is part of Finance & Data Operations Data Science team leading a team of data scientist s delivering advanced analytics projects for different businesses within Shell. The individual will join a growing global data science team spanning both on/offshore. Incumbent is responsible for supporting the development of analytical models for projects collaborating with different business stakeholders & other partners and working across a range of technologies and tools. The ideal candidate has good background in quantitative skills (like statistics, mathematics, advanced computing) and has applied those skills in solving real world problems.Data Scientist
If you are an experienced data scientist with a passion to show business impact and value to the business with your data science skills, this could be a right opportunity for you to apply.What's the role?
As the data scientist you're going to be responsible for:
1. End to end delivery of specific analytics projects in
- Manufacturing / Industrial: Equipment Failure prediction, Maintenance Scheduling & Optimization, Inventory optimization, Cost Diagnostics, Energy Management
- Customer / Marketing - pricing analytics, churn prediction, cross-sell / up-sell, Market Basket Analysis, Product Recommendation, Marketing Mix Modeling, Campaign design and effectiveness testing, Network Modeling, Customer segmentation, propensity analysis, customer lifetime value, profitability analysis, Customer experience (incl. voice of customer), CRM, Loyalty program management,
- Supply Chain / Spend: Demand & Supply Forecasting, Spend Analytics, Vendor Scoring, Pricing analysis (buy-side), product substitution analysis, product portfolio optimization, Tail spend analysis, logistics / network / route optimization, Contract Compliance
- Functional Analytics: Order-to-cash, Procure-to-Pay, Record-to-Report, Tax (Direct & Indirect), Financial Risk and Assurance (controls and governance), Master Data Management, Inter-group / Intra-group
2. Develop advanced Data science solutions for problem statements in Finance
3. Generating business insights from data analytics at the request from the business, generate and enable value to the business.
4. Identifying new value pockets and bring key business stakeholders on board and enable value through project delivery
5. Setting up and demonstrating world class standard and best practices in project execution and quality of delivery
6. Articulating clearly, the data science work, its approach and its value to all stakeholdersWhat we need from you?
We need a strong individual contributor with excellent delivery skills, stakeholder engagement skills. Experience of presenting customer centricity solutions and understanding of the business will also be a key skill for this role.Furthermore, you will have:
- Min 3 years of strong experience in data science/Analytics, particularly Machine Learning
- Should have completed 1 to 2 projects in finance or Renewables domain using analytics
- Understanding of the financial accounting is an additional advantage
- Experience in SQL, SAP, Power BI/Alteryx, Python/R and Alteryx would be essential
- Expertise in Statistics / Mathematics
- Expertise in Advanced Timeseries forecasting techniques, Advanced Machine learning techniques
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We offer several flexible working arrangements subject to business requirements for our employees to help support work-life balance.
- Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
- We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.