Where you fit
As a Centre of Expertise for the function, FO also supports the wider CI deployment in Finance, either through dedicated CI specialists or in support of CI teams within FiB (Finance in Business) and works with other CI teams across Shell. The CI organization is one pillar of the Operational Excellence organisation. CI Finance comprises ~50 CI Specialists who are assigned to specific CI deployments (Process, FiB or Functional Treasury/Tax) with a small central team responsible for management of the CI Standard Ways of Working, CI Competence and CI Learning Curriculum and a team of ~30 developers and specialists supporting FO in deploying Smart Automation tool sets to drive their digital ambition. As Senior CI Portfolio Lead, the role will support the Finance Reporting and Analysis in achieving the delivery of their Continuous Improvement program to improve key metrics performance, generate bottom line value savings and add business value. In line with the CI vision of:
What's the role?
- Teaching to fish: equipping teams with the right behaviours and skillset to drive CI everyday
- Train & Coach on improvement project delivery, including Lean Sigma, Change Management, and Agile
- Train & Coach on RDS CI Ways of Working to leaders
- Build a working understanding of CI through training of staff at all levels
- Embed CI Standard Ways of Working (CI SWoW) as a key component of the FO Management System
- Finance CI staff as change agents - CI leading complex change
- Help sponsors develop & implement an effective CI deployment strategy including Smart Automation (SA) opportunities aligned with business strategy
- Lead complex change initiatives that require greater change management experience & skills
- Role model RDS CI Ways of Working
- Finance CI as integrator: integrating the components of Operational Excellence
- Share best practices & enable replication
- Connect interdependent processes systems, data & people to deliver End-to-End improvement
- Promote coordinated CI deployments in RDS by leveraging on CI networks
- Facilitate development of a common agenda (including digitization) through Integrated Process Plans
- Subject Matter Expert on Lean Sigma and Change Management methodologies, to coach and train Finance staff, at all levels, on the use of these methodologies to deliver projects and to cultivate the continuous improvement mindset.
- Deploy Digital Transformation solutions alongside Process Teams and coordination with SA and IT teams, and own and apply the Agile and Design Thinking methodologies.
- Develop credible trust-based relationships and work closely with key senior stakeholders across the Finance Reporting and Analysis processes to define process improvement priorities and to create a strong continuous improvement culture. Work with Operations Teams to identify improvement needs and take the initiative while ensuring the usage of the correct approach and selection / prioritization criteria. Drive the appropriate annual Strategy Deployment exercise to align goal setting across various levels of the organization.
- Ensure effective quality processes are adhered to and appropriate tools and processes are being used to drive Continuous Improvement, adopting Fit4 Ways of Working and principles such as Customer/User Centricity, Transformational Change, and Agile.
- Manage and mentor CI Practitioners in Finance Reporting and Analysis.
- Define, scope and lead process improvement projects in alignment with overall CI Finance strategy and business priorities.
- Own the outcome of rigorous, auditable control plans and measurements to drive sustained process improvements for projects under supervision.
- Certified Lean Sigma Blackbelt; if hired internally within Shell, must be able to achieve Lean Sigma Blackbelt level within 2 years and demonstrate such proficiency in the course of certification and after. GB or CIP certification is an advantage.
- Minimum University degree, with substantial work experience.
- Strong background in process improvement and ability to deliver significant business results. Experience in delivering change management (e.g. AIM, TiC methodologies) and/or digital transformation projects using Agile is an advantage.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and coaching/mentoring activities.
- Strong team working skills with the ability to influence and motivate large diverse teams including virtually to embrace and deliver sustained operational improvement.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- The role involves extensive interactions with various stakeholders and therefore requires a combination of intellect, maturity, strength of character, and an ability to earn respect.
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills.
- Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects; Change Agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
- Self-motivated and possess demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results
- Customer-centric mindset and work style
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpretive and presentation skills; able to synthesize complex information and prepare concise, compelling presentations.
- Demonstrated strong process, project management, and change management skills.
- Learner Mindset and ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment and emerging trends.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
A Rewarding Place to Work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.