The Gas Processing (GP) teams are involved in critical phases of projects, from inception to design through to development & deployment and operational support, for both proprietary as well as 3rd party technologies. Its expertise results in efficient implementation of best practices, replication of proven technologies and deployment of new technologies for customers in Upstream, Downstream, Deep Water and Integrated Gas. Gas Processing places Shell, as well as its partners via a buoyant licensing business, in a robust position to address increasing energy demands by providing cost-effective and integrated solutions.
Gas Processing GMship includes a wide range of experts over the different areas of Gas Processing e.g. solvent treating, adsorbents, sulphur, membranes, gas separation etc. The integration, technology maturation & Op. support teams in Gas Processing work closely together and thus exposure to all activities within this scope is possible. The different teams are organized according to activity and work in an integrated way to take maximum benefit from specific skills and availability. It plays a key role in driving down costs, advising and implementing best technologies as a SMART buyer and developing cost-effective solutions. In recent years, existing capabilities have been leveraged and further expanded to address carbon capture and energy transition challenges. In Reshape, this has been strengthened by bundling all CO2 capture technologies that previously were spread across the organization. Purpose and Accountabilities:
In this role, the Senior Gas Processing Op. Support Engineer will provide diagnosis services for the wide range of assets and solve significant, complex and non-routine problems; translating practices from elsewhere (other markets, countries and industry) and provides authoritative, technical recommendations which have a significant impact on business performance in short and medium term.
The Process Engineer based in ETCA will generally serves customers in EMEAR, with some additional support as needed to other regions. The incumbent is expected to participate in Natural Teams with capabilities across the organization in delivery of integrated projects and will be responsible for delivery of services including off-site support, participation in start-ups, routine and emergency site visits, Process Safety Audits, and taking part in rolling out quality processes. This might involve occasional business travel and up to several weeks at a time in remote site locations to support start-up and commissioning activities or plant troubleshooting work. Additionally, involvement in developing concepts for Gas Processing facilities, for both Shell and non-Shell (Licensing) opportunities, delivering the process design deliverables (BDP, PFD, SGM, Control Narrative, etc.) is expected.
The Process Engineer will be challenged to attain competency in a few gas processing unit operations, such as: gas treating, liquids treating, sulfur recovery, syngas treating, gas dehydration, mercury removal, NGL extraction, fractionation, caustic treating, bio-desulfurisation, CCS and CO2 abatement technologies. Candidates already assessed as process engineering TA3 are preferred.Specific responsibilities include
- Compliance to HSSE rules and process safety aspects, on-site and off-site (with high focus on non-Shell assets).
- Work closely with stakeholders in Upstream, Integrated Gas and Downstream.
What we need from youSkills and Requirements:
- Feedback of lessons learned to customers, as well as stakeholders in P&T (specifically Licensing).
- Enabling successful New Business Development by creating attractive value propositions and strong proposals (competitively).
- Participation in HAZOP, SIL reviews, etc.
- Be an active member of a cohesive and high-performing team.
- Engaging with SMEs and PTEs in the community
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis or working with Enhanced Problem Solving Teams would be an advantage
• MSc/BSc or PhD in a technical discipline, coupled with genuine and continuous interest in technology.
• Should have 10+ years' experience in Process Engineering design, service provision or plant operations engineering
• Experience in a minimum of two of the following is required:
- Sulphur technologies and handling
- Gas treating technologies
- Gas Processing, NGL extraction and fractionation technologies
- Operational experience in Upstream, Integrated Gas or Downstream assets
• Deep understanding of interaction between the different plant unit operations (Upstream to Downstream).
• Experience with Management of Change process in Operational site context.
• Familiar with general process simulation (Unisim, ProMax, Aspen/Hysis, etc.)
• Sound stakeholder relationship management and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals in both office and plant locations, and with external and internal customers.