Process Engineer Location: Basingstoke Permanent Position
You will be responsible for providing technical and organisational input to process engineering activities on a wide range of project Phases from Studies and Front-End Engineering Design to troubleshooting, commissioning, and decommissioning. As a member of the engineering team you will be responsible for
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements
- Managing time effectively, ensuring that goals and requirements of the project are met, and issues are effectively communicated and resolved.
- Supporting the Process lead, take initiative and be accountable for assigned tasks.
- Demonstrating a 'can do' attitude to the team and to external customers and stakeholders. Enthusiasm and flexibility are keen attributes.
- Providing technical innovation and a keenness to move the company forward in terms of continuous improvement.
- Working with the Process lead to drive performance through the full life cycle of the project ensuring all deliverables are met, budget and schedule are respected, and technical integrity of the design is maintained.
- Undertaking detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensuring detail design methods, standards and data used conform to requirements
- Preparing Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Undertaking short term visits to a wide range of operating site and geographic regional offices worldwide.
- Keeping abreast of new legislations on plant design and performance
- Undertaking design of oil and gas process systems and equipment.
- Ensuring a high standard of safety is maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are followed.
- Experience of process simulation (HYSYS, Unisim, Promax), preparation of standard process documents such as PFDs/UFDs, P&IDs, datasheets, duty specifications, process narratives etc.
- Experience of process engineering for large industrial facilities, either in operations, maintenance or design would be advantageous for this position.
- Good knowledge of the main processes used in both the conventional (oil and gas) and renewable energy sectors.
- Relevant experience working within a project environment
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering, IChemE accredited degree preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.