Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities About the role:
Weatherford is currently seeking for a full-time permanent Mechanical Fitter
( Workshop Mechanic- Tubular Running Services (TRS) division) to be based in Malaga, WA. This role will provide his/ her mechanical knowledge, capability and expertise working in our oilfield equipment repair/maintenance and fabrication shop. You will be required to do preventative maintenance and repairs on our specialized equipment. Our equipment utilizing a large amount of hydraulics and electrically operated components so expertise, additional training and experience in these areas are an asset. Responsibilities and Duties:
- To perform mechanical repair, overhaul and commissioning of all Weatherford TRS mechanised equipment to the Global TRS work instruction requirements.
- Assist in preparing for load-out, inspect, clean and refurbish equipment for future use, as well as ensuring that a safe and efficient environment is maintained.
- Assist in scheduling workshop activities to maximize efficiency.
- Prioritise and schedule repairs and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Implement specialized equipment spare part inventory
- Maintain good standard of housekeeping practices in workshop and yard
- Implement and maintain specialized equipment servicing procedures
- Provide assistance to the Technical Support Team in regards to implementation and operational support in the areas of, but not limited to:
Qualifications Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Automated Tubular Handling Systems
- Casing Running Tools
- Deepwater Handling Systems
- Drill Pipe, Tubing and Casing Tongs
- Remote Locations Bucking Units
- Mechanized Tubular Handling Systems
- Mechanized Training
- Min 5 years' experience as mechanic is essential (preferably in the Oil and Gas and Mining industry)
- Trade Qualification (Mechanic) is essential
- Extensive experience in Workshop, Repair and Maintenance are essential
- Proven experience in hydraulic, mechanical system/ tools are essential
- Good in repair, service function/ Strong hydraulic fault finding ability is essential
- Proven experience in Maintenance Program
- Ability to work within process, procedures, and checklists
- Knowledge in electrical system
- Good computer skill, JDE (trainable)
- Dogging ticket is advantageous
- Based in Malaga, Perth
- 8am - 4:30pm with potential overtime