Subcontract SpecialistWood Featured Employer
Bay City, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Responsible for the execution of specific aspects of subcontracts execution and / or quantity surveying. Responsible for the supervision and guidance of directly reporting subcontract specialists/associates.
Clear understanding of the client's head contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and knowledge of how these are integrated into project subcontract strategies, plans, procedures and terms and conditions. Has working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions, interfaces with Wood legal/commercial experts and can under guidance initiate/discuss exceptions in order to reach a robust commercial agreement.
Execution of project subcontract operations and co-ordination of interface activities with other project team members in accordance with applicable company and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules. Where applicable, and suitably trained and qualified, execute quantity surveying duties in accordance with applicable practices and procedures.
Execution of post award subcontract activities during construction phase in the field including home office liaison and interface with the client's organisation, where applicable. Field administration of all construction and services contracts in accordance with applicable corporate and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules.
Regularly reports progress of all activities for which they are responsible. Ensures direct reports regularly update reports/systems with required information to allow accurate reporting and escalates any critical issues and risks to project management.
Key Accountablities & Responsiblities:
• Operate in accordance with appropriate and current corporate execution procedures and Project Specific Procedures,
• Ensure all subcontracts activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
• Provides guidance, direction and support to the reporting personnel in delivery of their specific responsibilities.
• Carry out the prequalification activities co-ordinating the input from other disciplines as appropriate and prepare qualification report and list of tenderers form for approval.
• Lead the preparation of contract enquiry documentation, including where applicable the expediting of scopes of work, terms and conditions of contract, enquiry documentation and the like.
• Manage and review, involving other stakeholders as required, the tender information received in response to enquiries. Participate in and/or direct pre-tender and/or tender evaluation meetings and prepare notes of meeting when required.
Prepare contract documents and arrange execution of same in line with DOA.
• Undertake / monitor the administration of contracts (i.e. processing of payment certificates, price variation summaries etc.) and ensure the satisfactory operation of procedures.
Ensure that assigned field staff are familiar with the project organisation, project schedule, work scope
and the allocated subcontracts; including their conditions, forms of tender, bills of quantities, pricing
schedules and associated general requirements and ensure their effective liaison with all other site
• Ensure that the assigned staff monitor any changes to the value of the work in each allocated construction contract arising from drawing revisions, Field Instruction's, Field Variation Order's or other causes.
• Ensure that subcontractors receive all necessary access, materials, documents and information including site safety, labour and discipline regulations to enable them to meet their contractual obligations and maintain comprehensive records of shortfalls of supply of any such deliverables.
• Use all resources and remedies under the subcontract in order to ensure that subcontractors meet their contractual obligations.
• Monitor and, in collaboration with other appropriate site disciplines, ensure that the performance of each assigned subcontractor is recorded together with explanations for any deviations from the performance anticipated from the contractor's tender.
• Coordinate all commercial and contractual activities concerning construction and services contracts, including issue of variations, maintaining register of claims, ensuring interim and final acceptance certificates are issued, performance record keeping, close-out activities and the return of all relevant records to home office for archiving.
• Carrying out quantity surveying duties when required and qualified to do so
• Always promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership
• Understand and live Woods vision, values and behaviours.
• Understand and work to the Wood Financial Management Framework as it relates to subcontracts
• Assist in identifying and applying performance management and development plans for direct reports
• Records all internal and external in year savings.
Skills / Qualifications
Knowledge, skills and experience:
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.