Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global company with wide-ranging opportunities that include career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Responsibilities
The Design Engineer will perform engineering tasks using established procedures at our Huntsville facility. These tasks include, but are not limited to, new product design, sustaining design, stress analysis, material selection, cost estimation, tolerance studies, BOM creation, production drawing/part number creation, and product implementation.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Supervisors & Managers should demonstrate effective safety leadership for the health and safety arrangements of all subordinates and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises
- Responsible for being familar with the Company's Quality policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherfords Management System
- Maintains service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures. These tasks include, but are not limited to, new product design, sustaining design, stress analysis, material selection, cost estimation, tolerance studies, BOM creation, production drawing/part number creation, and product implementation.
- Create engineering layouts for fit, form, and function checking.
- Coordinate and assist with new design validation testing in a laboratory environment to include assembly of prototype tools and test fixtures, preparation of test requests, and completion of test reports upon conclusion of testing.
- Preparation of documentation for engineering design files.
- Work closely with other engineers and project team members to achieve desired R&D project results.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures, and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- All employees have an accountability to the organisation to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrates leadership, ethical behavior and adherence to Weatherford standards at all times
Experience & Education
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Preferece is for a Mechanical and/or Civil Engineering Degree
- Familiar with down hole operations of running casing and cementing within the well construction environment.
- Knowledgeable of API 5CT, 10F, 10D, and 19LH
- Knowledgeable of Cementing Product, Inflates, and Liner Hangers
- Knowledgeable of Windchill and Creo
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic understanding of drafting standards (dimensions, tolerances, etc.)
- Proficient in Creo or other 3D design software package
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Hands-on assembly and testing experience
- Familarity with oilfield downhole downhole tools & practice
- Knowledge of casing and cementing within the well constructino enviroment.
- Good communication skills for interaction with members and internal customers
- Self-motivated to investigate and solve challenging problems