Where you fit in
The Distribution Operations Support Assurance Coordinator ensures effective and aligned implementation of assurance activities including embedment of learnings from audits and incidents in all East Asia Terminals and supports the DOS Manager and the DOS Advisors in driving compliance to E&C requirements in the cluster.What's the role?
What we need from you
- Support the DOS Manager in implementing a program on cluster-wide learning from audits, LFIs, CLEs and best practice sharing. This includes learnings from within East Asia and learnings from other regions/clusters. Prepare communication materials, work with the DOS Advisors to drive standard application of learnings, track progress of roll-out and oversee self-assessment activities to ensure embedment of learnings.
- Act as Radar Assurance Coordinator for the cluster. Work with action parties on the timely and quality close-out of audit actions. Review closed audit actions in Radar and check for compliance to requirements (e.g. upload of evidence for High findings)
- Work with the HSSE Advisors on HSSE incident learning, learnings from incidents, and facilitate monthly HSSE incident reviews
- Work with relevant staff/teams to prepare Control Learning Events for the cluster.
- Maintain the Streamlined Team Action Tracker (STAT) application, providing user training and developing/updating procedures for use. Develop monthly reports from the app to drive improvements in operations and learning across teams.
- Develop and maintain Assurance Framework programs for various areas of terminal operations. Support Road Transport and Supply Operations activities. Act as Assurance Framework SME Reviewer for Terminals. Develop and maintain annual plan for the cluster including annual SME reviews. Analyze assurance feedback (Terminals, audit reports) and prepare quarterly Terminal Assurance Framework reports. Ensure learnings are embedded in all East Asia Terminals. Ensure compliance to SME program requirements (e.g. Assurance Framework SME Reviewer trainings, number of reviews per site, etc).
- Work with various SMEs to develop and maintain database housing legal requirements applicable to Distribution Operations East Asia. Conduct regular reviews to test for compliance.
- Work with audit teams for audits in the cluster. Coordinate and provide logistical support required by audit teams. Develop standard pre-read materials for sharing to auditors. Review draft audit report with DOS Team and auditees and agree with auditors on smart and fit-for-purpose actions to address findings.
- Actively participate in planning of own work and contribute to development of team priorities. Take personal accountability for delivery of outcomes and understand impact to bottom line. Demonstrate care and inclusive and collaborative behaviours to drive sustained business performance.
- Model generative HSSE culture behaviours. Drive Shell's commitment of no harm to people and to protect the environment. Demonstrate visible and felt safety leadership through measurable actions.
- Demonstrate ethical leadership. Role model and drive accountability for adhering to safety, ethics and compliance standards (Shell's general business principles, code of conduct, life-saving rules, Trading & Supply compliance requirements, country regulations and other standards) in order to elicit a strong societal license to operate.
- Understand safety and compliance risks for Distribution Operations in country. Promptly feedback observed emerging risks (e.g. changes in external regulations, common findings in terminals) to Distribution Operations Support Manager.
- Participate in Terminal in Control Reviews in country. Track and monitor actions from Terminal in Control Reviews.
- Build trust and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. internal partners, local authorities, government agencies, etc.)
- Standards and assurance-related files for Shell are primarily written in the English language and the successful candidate will need to have a good grasp of the English language
- The role requires 10% travel between countries and occasionally participating in calls beyond off-office hours.
- The successful candidate will need to have flexibility around job requirements as the DOS Team is new and still being formed and responsibilities for this role may be adjusted in future.
We hope to see the following in your CV:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in any course but preferably in Engineering, Administrative or Science field. Masters degree is advantageous.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with Assurance Framework.
- Experience with direct terminal operations or manufacturing.
- Must possess excellent teaching skills.
- Must be able to work with diverse cultures and appreciate and leverage cultural differences
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS PowerPoint and Excel specifically) but skills with other ERP systems good to have.
- Should be well organized, independent and proactive.
- Must have strong stakeholder management skills, teamwork and problem-solving abilities.
- Possesses strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the English and Thai language.
Shell's presence in Thailand dates back to 1892 when the first barge containing Shell kerosene docked in Bangkok. Today, Shell is one of the largest and the longest-established multinational operations in Thailand. The Shell Brand is one of the most esteemed and well respected in the Thai energy sector. Shell played a pioneering role in the advancement of the industry, from the establishment of refineries to a nationwide network of gasoline stations. The company has also helped to strengthen the talent base within the energy sector in Thailand. For more than 120 years of our operations in Thailand, Shell has been growing side by side with the country's developing economy. We have been committed to developing products of quality and to preserving the environment. Our goal is not only to achieve business success but also to play an active role in helping improve society.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.