Where you fit in -
Process Engineer for Shell Catalysts & Technologies Catalysts Manufacturing sites in California.
The Process Engineer is responsible for supporting a 24 hr x 7 day per week catalyst manufacturing operation and for performing process design work for new facilities at the site. This position could be placed at either the Martinez or Pittsburg catalyst manufacturing sites, however the initial focus of the position will be for the Martinez catalyst site. The process engineer is accountable for process development and optimization, product development and optimization and some early process design. In this role, the process engineer will support plant operations to improve manufacturing quality, costs, productivity, and flexibility. This position also scales up new products, serves as the lead on plant trials to optimize and characterize processes and products. This role requires significant co-ordination with the other engineering disciplines and Operations.
What's the role -
- Provide support to operations to maintain safe, reliable, and compliant operations for multiple catalyst manufacturing lines.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on plant operations relative to technical availability and percent capacity targets.
- Improve production quality, costs, and production rates by establishing quality systems that includes the development of operational training, process documents, quality control tools and QA sampling protocol
- Help with PHA's, HAZOP's and HEMP evaluations on processes.
- Provide technical support on production schedule for different units based on process capability and customer requirements.
- Conduct RCAs (root cause analysis) on process/environmental incidents
- Manage new raw material qualifications in collaboration with MTS (manufacturing technical support) and Procurement
- Plan and lead new product trial runs with technology counterparts.
- Optimizes processes and/or products to support business needs
- Continuous Improvement mindset to stive for year-to-year capacity improvements and energy/utility reductions.
- Process design and coordination as needed.
- Supports Project Engineer/Manager during the definition and execution phase as the appointed process engineer for selected projects
- Member of Shell Catalysts & Technologies Process Engineering network
- Supports Shell Catalysts & Technologies organization in selection and standardization, if possible, of select unit operations
- Managing short-term plant support and long-term project goals simultaneously
- Providing troubleshooting support on a timely basis
- Maintain product quality while maximizing rates, minimizing costs and meeting environmental regulations
- Potential for providing support for two sites.
What we need from you -
- A legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with at least three (3) years' experience in Chemical /Industrial/Catalyst manufacturing environment supporting manufacturing.
Specific skills and experiences must include:
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) desirable. SAP, Aspen Tech or Yokogawa/Siemens PCS a plus.
- Previous knowledge of catalyst manufacturing/solids handling and analytical methods is desirable
- Knowledge of statistical methods and experimental design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent Communications and Organization Skills.
- Ability to Travel as Required for Training and Company Business.
- Knowledge of county, state, and federal environmental regulations is desirable
- Ability to multi-task and balance long and short-term goals.
The base salary range for this position is $101, 000 - $151, 000 per year. Individual pay will be based on various factors, such as relevant work experience, education, certifications, skill level, seniority, and internal equity.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in among other exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of oil products, chemicals, electric power, renewables and energy solutions.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards f performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment processes, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.