What is the role
The Power Settlements team is responsible for billing of wholesale products across the US for SENA. This is a highly complex and demanding role in a dynamic and continuously evolving space. The selected candidate will serve as a regional Subject Matter Expert for West power markets collaborating with stakeholders across the organization. The successful candidate will take ownership in the resolution of customer issues, inquiries and disputes including but not limited to: Invoicing, Volume, Price, and Cash Applications. A critical element of the role will be to advise commercial staff on implications to the settlement process during deal structuring and negotiations. Key accountabilities will center on the design and implementation of tools and processes to increase efficiency and scalability.
- Act as Power Settlements focal point for stakeholders in the San Diego office and serves as a resource when complicated customer and settlement issues arise.
- Monthly settlement of power & environmental products and ISO charges including invoice generation and customer check-outs.
- Serve as subject matter expert on California ISO related settlement issues and charge codes.
- Provide training and coaching to junior analysts.
- Adhere to individual KPIs while monitoring metrics across the team to ensure optimal performance.
- Identify opportunities to enhance ways of working and lead implementation of process improvements.
- Manage settlement discrepancies and dispute resolutions.
- Accounts Receivable collections including proactive monitoring of outstanding balances.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Life-of-a-Deal including Trading, Origination, KYC, Credit, Finance, Contracts, IT, Scheduling, Risk, Tax and Gas Settlements.
The successful candidate should be able to work independently within a dynamic, fast-paced trading environment, successfully meeting critical deadlines throughout the month. They must be highly motivated and possess strong leadership, investigative, and problem-solving skills to recognize and solve issues quickly. Highly effective planning, organizational skills and attention to detail are essential to meet the department's demanding schedules and goals. The person in this role will need to lead exceptionally well with self-drive and a strong passion for continuous improvement.Requirements:
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field of study.
- 5+ years of power industry related experience required.
- Knowledgeable on performing Balancing Authority (BA) settlements
- Previous experience with power settlement model creation is preferred.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills to foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration both within the team and across the organization.
- Ability to make decisions promptly and to prioritize conflicting, business-critical deadlines via effective time-management.
- Demonstrated track record of continuous improvement delivery is required.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in Spotfire, Salesforce, Endur, Nucleus, and SAP is preferred.
- Programming in VBA, SQL, Python, and/or Automate is preferred.
- Extensive experience in Excel required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
The base salary range for this position is $101,000.00 - $151,000.00 per year. Individual pay will be based on various factors, such as relevant work experience, education, certifications, skill level, seniority, and internal equity.Company description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally, and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently. An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.