Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Turnaround (TAR) Senior Project Engineer in Aberdeen. This will be a hybrid role based out of the client office in Aberdeen.
To work within the Shutdown Team in the delivery Turnaround workscopes with the goal of excellence for the Client Organisation.
The Turnaround Project Engineer is in charge of Turnarounds for a particular asset, site, area or facility, and has the responsibility for planning, coordinating and execution of high complexity Maintenance Turnaround events to sustain, improve and restore the Technical Integrity and Reliability / Availability. This includes developing staffing plans, schedules and durations of all assigned Turnaround events as well as implementing an overall Turnaround Safety Planning process for each event. The incumbent works with the work preparer, planners, Turnaround Coordinators, Project Managers, Field Superintendents, Client Operations and Discipline Engineering focal points to assure safe and effective execution of the agreed Turnaround scopes as per the agreed budget and schedule and in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards.
One of the key priorities will be to minimise TAR deferment while safeguarding technical integrity.
Responsibilities for preparation and execution of the TAR event involve working closely with the TAR Manager and facilities Manager who remain overall accountable for TAR delivery.
Participate in the establishment of the long term Integrated TA requirement, Manage the TAR strategy in particular to periodically review the TAR execution strategy and interval, Prepare Driver Sheet for all TAR and manage the TAR preparation and execution processes.
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Responsible for planning and execution of designated Turnaround events
- Incorporates best practices and learnings from previous events
- Development of the staffing plan to plan and execute the assigned turnaround
- Ensure all scope is captured : maintenance, local and major capital projects, turnaround projects, and other program work (CUI, PMI, etc.), and are integrated into a single schedule for execution
- Develop the Turnaround Milestone schedule including all optimisation actions assurance reviews, schedule optimisation shops, peer reviews, etc
- Ensures the Turnaround Milestones are met with high quality deliverables
- Ensure that all scope is risk assessed against accepted practices and established risk tolerances
- Ensure that the turnaround schedule is integrated seamlessly with all activities - feed out to on spec, including shutdown, decontamination, execution, commissioning, and start up
- Team Leader of the TAR Steering Team and Leadership Team for assigned event category
- Ensures that all operational activities are executed included system level planning, consistent with the "Flawless" concepts
- Ensures that the turnaround is planned and executed in compliance with safety and environmental standards and regulations
- Ensures compliance to all appropriate work processes (UI TURNAROUND, MOC, ME, etc)
- Ensure multi-discipline integration and alignment of contractor and OU's organisation
- Ensures optimal control of safety, scope, cost, time and quality including taking corrective measures
- Removes obstacles (alignment, resource constraints, work processes) to ensure successful execution of the turnaround event
- Ensures that pre-turnaround work is completed on schedule
- Ensures appropriate communications to site leadership and UI PT/TA leadership
- Organises and facilitates the turnaround event lookback, post investment review, and learning process, and incorporates best practices into future events and shares with broader organisation
- Coaches and mentors staff for succession planning
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- ISCED Level 6 Bachelor's (minimum) degree or Level 7 Masters (preferred) in an engineering discipline
- Extensive experience gained either as a discipline engineer in a project environment or in more junior project engineering roles
- Good understanding of technical work scope, key dates and milestones
- Completely familiar with project contractual and commercial requirements
- Fully conversant with project scopes and work carried out by all engineering disciplines and various interface and inter discipline coordination requirements among the various disciplines including procurement and construction
- Understands the concept of customer satisfaction and is able to deliver to internal customers, including other Engineering disciplines
- Understands and knows how to apply the procedures and work practices which define and govern Engineering Management and Project Engineering deliverables
- Understands the importance of Project Engineering deliverables and the need for accuracy and timely issue
- Commercially astute and aware of the importance of Change control
- Has a good knowledge of engineering standards, procedures and work practices; follows project execution flow chart; developing skills in project and technical execution
- Able to lead small team; develops skills of leadership with minimum intervention from manager
- Positive attitude to learn and develop; asks to improve understanding
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Takes initiative and seeks out improvements
- Good communicator verbally and in written form
- Strong planning, organising and execution skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Works effectively as a member of a team
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.