Embedded Technology Team Leader
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Advance your career?
Join our Team!
Our Industrial & Energy Technology Business Segment provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Working on large scale projects with cutting-edge technology, we constantly improve and innovate. We are looking for the next generation of engineers to drive the Energy Transition! As an Energy Technology Company, we are going through an unprecedented industrial revolution to help decarbonizing the energy world with new technology and plant solutions. This can not be achieved without passionate, curious, and open-minded people. Growth and innovation mindset are key to succeed in such an environment!
Partner with the best
As a Embedded Technology Team Leader, you will provide Team Leadership and loads the IVPG Embedded Technology Team with task associated with Instrument development while being responsible for timely completion of development milestones. This team is responsible for long term development programs for new products as well as short-cycle custom design tasks that leverage existing standard product platforms. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of product development ranging from system-level design and requirements analysis, through prototype generation and testing, to final design validation and documentation.
As a Embedded Technology Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the IVPG firmware team members in designing Microcontroller based embedded systems.
- Driving the strategy and structure of embedded designs, techniques, and processes.
- Engaging in all aspects of project development ranging from system level design and requirements analysis through code development and testing.
- Demonstrating skills in object-oriented techniques and associated languages such as C/C++.
- Analyzing embedded code to determine root cause of defects and implement corrective action
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related engineering discipline from an accredited university or college.
- Have demonstrated leadership experience
- Have minimum of 5+ years' experience in firmware development and real time data processing and management.
- Have sound knowledge and hands on Microcontroller architecture and Device Drivers
- Have minimum of 3+ years of experience writing code for an embedded processor.
- Have minimum of 3+ years of experience using C/C++
- Have RTOS experience with FreeRTOS, SafeRTOS, Azure RTOS, or similar.
- Have experience in design of ARM Cortex-M microprocessor-systems.
- Have experience using software debugging tools; emulators, debuggers, etc.
- Have experience in and knowledge of test driven development concepts.
- Have demonstrated skills in implementation and verification of high quality designs in a timely manner.
- Have demonstrated ability in leading diverse teams cross functionally.
- Have demonstrated skills in problem solving.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Have knowledge and or working experience of the AGILE development process.
- Have energy and desire to deliver high-quality software quickly through iterative development
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefitsAbout Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.