Client is currently seeking an experienced R&T Engineer to work within the Bromine Process Engineering and Development group at our Baton Rouge, LA Process Development Center (PDC). The Process Engineering and Development group develops and executes projects to materially improve existing processes at the PDC and other sites globally. The group also develops and implements plant processes for new products. We are looking at all levels of candidates from intermediate to very senior level.
- Collaborate with chemists and other engineers/scientists to scale up processes from bench to pilot to commercial scale and to select the optimal process technology for each process step.
- Analyze existing process problems and define robust and innovative solutions with limited oversight.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to develop process design scope packages for new product commercialization, large debottlenecking efforts, increases in plant capacity, major operability improvements, improvements in plant HS&E performance, etc. This can include leading and/or directing the efforts of less experienced engineers working on the project.
- Be a key member of commissioning and startup team for new project installations.
- Participate in troubleshooting of significant process issues, as needed.
- Actively contributing to the innovation and ideation process through the development and justification of new project proposals.
- Providing technical support to specific manufacturing areas.
- Report writing, presentations, project management, and potentially supervision responsibilities.
- Continual development of professional skillset.
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering with minimum 2 years of chemical industry experience or PhD in Chemical Engineering with minimum 1 year experience.
- Significant proven experience in the areas of process development, operation and/or design
- Hands-on process startup and/or operations experience
- Strong command of chemical engineering fundamentals
- Proven examples of developing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Initiative, creativity, and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, computer, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to periodically travel for domestic and international project assignments.
- Program / project leadership experience
- Experience leading other engineers and/or chemists
- Detailed design and/or troubleshooting knowledge of some common process equipment such as distillation columns, pumps, heat exchangers, reactors, filters, dryers, etc.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.