- Maintain inventory accuracy, perform cycle counts and print inventory reports
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes
- Package and prepare materials for shipments and make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Deliver or route materials to departments using hand truck, forklifts, or sorting bins
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped
- Manage the process of unloading and loading trailers, picking up, packing and shipping stock, tracking and counting material and placing materials in proper locations
- Utilize the established tools, equipment and technologies required to initiate or complete transactions related to in and outbound processes within the warehouse
- Driving forklifts, including narrow aisle reach
- Maintain a well-organized and clean work environment
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed in accordance with established regulations e.g. OSHA, PPE, etc.
- Various other tasks as required.
- Ability to safely lift and carry 50 pounds independently
- Must be very detailed oriented and thorough
- Ability to communicate effectively with department representatives and management, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work effectively with others in a team based environment to accomplish company goals and to identify and resolve shipping and receiving issues
- Ability to operate hydraulic lift trucks, forklift and other material handling equipment
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.