Due to continued growth, our client requires a Senior Engineer in geohazards and pipeline integrity to support projects on ground movement hazards, external loading and environmental loading issues that affect pipeline networks.
The role will involve working with engineers and technicians at all levels and from other disciplines within the business on commercial client projects as well as internal R&D initiatives. Essential Requirements
- Relevant degree in an engineering field, Physics or Maths
- Experienced in authoring commercial proposals and detailed technical reports on pipeline integrity issues
- Proven history of technical presentations to clients and industry organisations
- Project management skills and experience of successfully managing complex and / or large value projects
- Knowledge of Field evaluation of geology, basic geomorphology and instability mechanisms
- Solid understanding of soil-pipe interaction effects
- Previous experience and analysis of ground loading on pipeline structures
- Supervision and / or technical development of junior engineering staff
- Experience in structural modelling of pipelines involving non-linear geometric and material properties.
- Knowledge of tensile fracture and compressive buckling strain limits
- Measurement and monitoring of loads on pipelines
- The role is full time (37.5 hours per week) and permanent
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent Training and Development opportunities
- The role is based at our offices in Newcastle upon Tyne OR Aberdeen
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally and internationally if / when required
- Please Note: All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in the UK
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.